Boat trailer plates question.

ARHHH4

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My lady at the Secretary of State office TOLD me last year when I bought my trailer in sikeston to register it this way. She said it’s super cheap right out the gate and my biggest cost would be registering the trailer in Illinois itself. Then she said it’s just one and done and you never hafta worry about it again. I don’t honestly think cops are gonna take the time to mess with it. With all the other overload that they get hit with and tickets on the interstates that they hafta write….I could see a S.O.S police officer taking the time to write one, because that’s what they do, but I don’t think our street patrolman are gonna give a rip, even if the orders from above are given

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Was told to register my boat in the state I use it most. That's arkansas and ppl do it. I should just do it. Same with trailer and truck. Pose as a local. Buy a resident license.
At what point am I crossing a line?
It'd sure save me money.
I doubt they care.. ( they do)

Il. MudDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're not remotely close to using the more expensive "summer time blend " of gasoline and we're at $3.69 per gallon down here.
Bread, milk, shot shells, smokes, decoys, natural gas etc costs are all thru the roof.
Paying $196 for a yearly sticker or $18 for a one-and- done sticker?...ya, my trailer knows which one its getting (already has, actually).
I'm not one to extort "loop holes ", but on this one.....

mazakbill

Reaction score
My lady at the Secretary of State office TOLD me last year when I bought my trailer in sikeston to register it this way. She said it’s super cheap right out the gate and my biggest cost would be registering the trailer in Illinois itself. Then she said it’s just one and done and you never hafta worry about it again. I don’t honestly think cops are gonna take the time to mess with it. With all the other overload that they get hit with and tickets on the interstates that they hafta write….I could see a S.O.S police officer taking the time to write one, because that’s what they do, but I don’t think our street patrolman are gonna give a rip, even if the orders from above are given

mazakbill

Reaction score
They changed back to 36.00 renewal fee for trailer plates from that I understand and have heard .

Brad's Birds

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
This is strange.
To save money you lie to a state and tell them its a semi trailer then tow it with your pickup.
I don't think He likes that.
View attachment 330056

Please explain how handing over my boat trailer papers to a State employee, telling her what I want to do and having her issue me an $18 plate is "Lieing"....

howard s.

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You said you wanted to change your trailer over to a trooper plate and that's not lying you wanted to now they do it or not that's another question

DANNY NEWELL

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I got my trailer notice from the state yesterday. $36.00

Danny

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Uhhh. I just got notified mine is due and it's not $118 anymore its $36 now.

ARHHH4

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Uhhh. I just got notified mine is due and it's not $118 anymore its $36 now.
That’s cuz they know they’re screwing themselves with having it at $118. They didn’t expect us “dumb citizens” to find the ST loophole and stick it to em for a year and a half. Jokes on them. I’m never renewing mine again and I’ve got the paperwork to support it