Boat Wraps in WI

Wiscoduckhunt

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have Lund Alaskan 18 ft with side counsel as the primary fishing boat with the classic red Lund scheme. I have separate duck rig. However with how and where I hunt these days was thinking about getting the lund wrapped in camo or painted into olive flat something that won't stand out once a blinds is on. Any body get a boat wrapped before? I got a call into a place by Wausau. I have painted a few jons before, but I want this to look nice.

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
What kind of price range are you thinking? There are a few commercial operations that do advertising boat wraps for guys fishing for a living that I'm sure could be done camo. Those would likely run $1800-$2500 for a rig your size.

Wiscoduckhunt

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
$2000 is definitely in the price range. I was figuring at least $1500. Watching some videos of diy it seems like quite the undertaking to strip all the graphics and red wrap ... Then get the other camo wrap on there and have it look good. I wanting to get down to one boat. The Alaskan seems like the one that could work the best as I fish in summer alot ... And we hunt lots more bigger water across northern WI now.

phan6622

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
cost to print the wrap with lam is about 3.50 / sf for high end materials. so you probably pay 8 or 9 for it. then install is probably another 5 or 6 / sf. even more if removing existing. you can just wrap it yourself, just cover existing. save a ton. and high end materials are removable if you change your mind in future. even if you end up with wrinkles and creases with an amateur install, its camo, noone will notice. $.02. bunch of youtube vids to learn how to install... hinge method, ect.
high end materials would be avery or 3m. i wouldn't use anything cheap.. hard to install, nor repositionable, wont last ect. 3m would be ij180cv3 film with 3m 8520 matte lam

lax

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard that if you get the chameleon wrap, you’ll blend in everywhere.

Wiscoduckhunt

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
cost to print the wrap with lam is about 3.50 / sf for high end materials. so you probably pay 8 or 9 for it. then install is probably another 5 or 6 / sf. even more if removing existing. you can just wrap it yourself, just cover existing. save a ton. and high end materials are removable if you change your mind in future. even if you end up with wrinkles and creases with an amateur install, its camo, noone will notice. $.02. bunch of youtube vids to learn how to install... hinge method, ect.
high end materials would be avery or 3m. i wouldn't use anything cheap.. hard to install, nor repositionable, wont last ect. 3m would be ij180cv3 film with 3m 8520 matte lam
I am paying to have it done or it's not getting done. Based on videos i watched putting that stuff on looks like my personal hell. I for example can do lots of things but that kind of detail work is not something I enjoy ... My time is far more valuable to me .... I would spend hours and hours screwing with it and it would look like [email protected]

Bigtymer

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not sure what part of the state you are in, but I know Appleton Sign has wrapped boats. Though I suppose most sign companies probably do wherever you're located.