BOSS Shotshells Misfires

Bullet21XD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with recently purchased BOSS shells and bad primers?

I recieved 2 cases a few weeks ago and just tore into one this weekend. After about 40 shells, I had 5 or 6 bad primers. No issues with other shells all week, or ever for that matter. And never had a single issue with BOSS in the past.

Buster_AZ

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have had one primer blow out the back of a shell, but no misfires.

Dr Swane

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If you follow the Social Media, they recommend a new spring, or set of springs for primer strikes. guys with Benelli guns seem to be reporting a similar pattern/problem.

After a spring swap, guys have reported no more issues.

Try the light strikes /bad primers with a different gun and see. Wolfe springs is what they recommend.

Bullet21XD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That's what I just heard from another. This gun has never had an issue with light primer strikes, or with previous runs of BOSS. I guess it's a new primer supplier...so the issue isn't mine, it's theirs. I'll be contacting them tomorrow or Tuesday.

Northhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
With supply issues and trying to keep production going, it's possible they switched primers or got into a bad LOT.

Sunklands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not had an issue with them yet. Shot 16 gauge 5’s and 20 gauge 4’s and 5’s. 20 gauge 2.75” 5’s work at 45 yards.

Kola16

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've never shot BOSS shells, but in the last duck blind I was in, someone had left two BOSS shells behind. Both had struck primers, but the shell was not fired.