Shirleyshusband

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Nice picture on the trail cam
20220928_162850.jpg

Alldrakes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
So you have wounded 2 deer in the last few years, and yet you are confident out to 40 yards ? Sounds like you shouldn’t be shooting over 20 yards.

Your season should be over, you have punched your buck tag. You have an animal in the woods with a series of razor blades grinding inside it and you feel you have the right to go possibly wound another animal ?

Seriously, you should be done.

Shirleyshusband

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
So you have wounded 2 deer in the last few years, and yet you are confident out to 40 yards ? Sounds like you shouldn’t be shooting over 20 yards.

Your season should be over, you have punched your buck tag. You have an animal in the woods with a series of razor blades grinding inside it and you feel you have the right to go possibly wound another animal ?

You must not hunt much.

In my 54 years of deer hunting I've wounded and lost 3 deer. I've killed and eaten well over 50.

Seriously, you really are,,, nah, not worth it.

GK1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

I assume you have NEVER lost a crippled duck then?

Ducker 4 Ever

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
There are merits to what AD is saying, they just don't apply here. On a guided hunt out west, if you draw blood on an animal, most likely your trip is done. That doesn't compare in the slightest to deer in WI. If waterfowl hunting, losing a cripple can (should?) count against your limit, which also does not compare to what happened.
Losing game sucks, we've all experienced it. I've wounded and lost more deer than SH has, it just comes with bow hunting. Doesn't mean I'll quit for the year or pi$$ away my tag.

1duckmaster

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My kid hit a deer on his motorcycle 3 weeks ago. Broken ribs, broken wrist, road rash on half his body and he is going to be out of work for 3 months. KILL THEM ALL!