Boyd Coddington Dies

Discussion in 'Texas Flyway Forum' started by Turtle, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Turtle

Turtle Elite Refuge Member

RIP..............Great Car Builder

2. Markstanco

Markstanco Elite Refuge Member

Is that the guy that had that show? You or somebody you know have one of his cars I take it?

3. THRILLAfromOVILLA

THRILLAfromOVILLA Elite Refuge Member

DAMN!!!!

He didnt seem that old in the shows he did. He had a good looking wife ,also.

Funny thing is...the old hag that worked in his office was his ex-wife. He kept her around to do the books and once he got famous picked him up a trophy wife.

4. Shooting Time

Shooting Time Senior Refuge Member

Yea he had heart problems in Jan.:cry :cry

Anaheim, CA (PRWEB) January 27, 2008 -- Boyd Coddington was unable to attend the North American International Auto Show in Detroit to enjoy the sneak peak of his latest creation or any of the collector car auctions in Scottsdale, Arizona. The legendary hot rod designer and fabricator who just completed a million-dollar, hand-built Delehaye inspired hot rod fell ill shortly after the holidays.
    According to his wife Jo Coddington, Boyd was rushed to the hospital after a fall at his home. Boyd Coddington, the multi-award winning designer, fabricator and alumni of the Hot Rod Hall of Fame, was admitted for observation and then released. Several days later, Boyd complained of continued complications and was re-admitted to a hospital near his Southern California home. There doctors made a diagnosis and he was rushed to surgrey.
    "We are happy to report that Boyd is recovering and doing very well, he is expected to go home next week. Boyd and I would like to thank all of the people who have sent their well wishes and support!", stated Jo Coddington.
    Boyd Coddington is a Southern California automotive icon and star of TV's "American Hot Rod". Coddington has designed and fabricated numerous show winning hot rods for rock stars, corporations and individuals. Coddington vehicles have appeared in museums, hit TV shows and even the cover of The Smithsonian Magazine.
    It is quite certain that with all of the idle time he is spending in the hospital, Boyd Coddington is dreaming up a way to hot rod his hospital bed. Coddington customized medical equipment could be the next product from this innovative genius!

And then he passed

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBIT_CODDINGTON?SITE=TXHAR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

5. Original Nova

Original Nova Elite Refuge Member

Didn't say what happened but he was already in the hospital. He was 62 I think.

6. pete

pete Elite Refuge Member

What a talent and visionary. My brother is often mistaken for him at car events in California.....they look like twins.

7. Shooting Time

Shooting Time Senior Refuge Member

He was 63 and the family will release a statement later today.

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Elite Refuge Member

Not disputing his ability, but he was a real arse-hole on the shows I saw. My thoughts for his family.

9. LuckyDucker

LuckyDucker Elite Refuge Member

I think you're thinking of his project manager. :nutz He needs a good kick in the nutz... Boyd was good about setting unrealistic deadlines though and worked his guys to death. I saw several guys quit or get fired. A couple left to work for his main competition (can't think of his name... cool guy though).

10. Landry1

Landry1 Elite Refuge Member

That guy would be Chip Foose, who was an understudy to Coddington.

I'll be interested to see what happens with the business. Boyd's shop, Foose's shop and the SoCal Speed Shop are responsible for almost every major trend in hot rodding for the past 20 years. Hopefully his shop carrys on the legacy.