BPS vs. Gold

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by jrhodes, Jan 3, 2004.

Which gun would you like too have more?

1. BPS

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Gold

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  1. jrhodes

jrhodes Guest

Would you like a Browning BPS or a Browning Gold more.Whats your vote?

2. BLKLABMAN

BLKLABMAN Banned

They are both Excellent shotguns. If I could have only one it would be the Gold. Simply because I like Semi-auto's.
    I have a Gold Hunter, a Gold SC, and two BPS's. One is a newer 12ga 3.5, the other is an older 12ga 3.5 that was built on the 10ga frame. All of these shotguns have been Flawless.
    It is going to come down, to whether you want a pump or auto.
    Either way your getting a Fine shotgun.

3. evileye

evileye Senior Refuge Member

I would get the one you like the best. I own a gold 3.5 and use it quite a bit. I have had my eye on the shadow grass BPS. Nice looking piece.

4. Chevy454

Chevy454 Elite Refuge Member

I agree with BLKLABMAN. They're both so nice. It's really a pump or auto question.

I picked the Gold, But I have one of each.

The BPS has to be one of the best values on the market. I don't know how they can produce such high quality guns and sell them for those prices. And Do they still have the $75.00 rebate on the 3 1/2" or is that over? What a deal.

If you're starting and don't have a preference yet, get the BPS. Not as expensive and they seem very rugged.

Chevy

5. GulfCoast

GulfCoast Moderate Moderator Moderator

I have a few of each. Buy what makes you happy!

6. The Waterfowler

The Waterfowler Senior Refuge Member

Golds Jam more than a Remington 11-87. Go with the BPS, great gun.

7. berettafan

berettafan Elite Refuge Member

Absolutely without a doubt the BPS. 3" Shadowgrass model. Golds just don't fit me, although they are good looking; and they don't have the best rep. for reliability. I had a 28ga. BPS and that thing was the best built gun I've ever seen. It was what blued/wood guns are all about; freakin beautiful.

I can't imagine my M1 needing a backup but if I were to get one it might well be a BPS.

Erik

8. Waterproof

Waterproof Elite Refuge Member

Thats hilarious saying a Gold jams more then the inventor of the word jamington. I can honestly say that if the Gold is taken care of properly it is probably the most reliable out of the box full range of ammo shooting semi automatic shotgun made.

I however own a BPS, BPS10, and Gold and have no problems with grabbing anyone of them to take them out the field with me.

9. cold beer

cold beer Senior Refuge Member

MO-south of where the best beer in the world is br
    preach on brother waterproof! I had nothing but problems with my 1187 and ditched it for a Gold. Both the BPS and the Gold are kick arse guns but the Gold is my preference as it handles and points flawlessly.

10. Waterproof

Waterproof Elite Refuge Member

Hey Waterfowler just to let you know I was not trying to make it a personal attack I was just stating what my experiences around Remingtons are. I know you didn't think I was just making sure though :)