BRBR Status for the Opener

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by Gonegoosin, Sep 30, 2013.

1. UtahSprig

UtahSprig Elite Refuge Member

I understand all federal refuges will be closed. For us that would be Bear River, Fish Springs and Ouray.

2. Pintail Hunter

Pintail Hunter Elite Refuge Member

3. wtrdog

wtrdog Senior Refuge Member

It's a fact. Called the refuge this morning and they've got a message saying that the refuge is closed, including the waterfowl opener, until the federal shutdown is lifted, but there will be enforcement officers around. What a crock. :mad::mad::mad:

4. bustsducks

bustsducks Elite Refuge Member

I feel bad for all the tourists visiting our National Parks in southern Utah that are getting kicked out of the parks. That's a nice black eye for the US. Tourism is huge dollars for Utah.

We need to vote out all these long term D & R Turds out of office and start over. Put them in the unemployment line and see how they like it.

I wonder how the border crossings are going?

5. Raininfeathers

Raininfeathers Senior Refuge Member

HMMM might have to plan for a second opener at one of these places if they are indeed shut down on the opener:nutz

6. DiverFreak

DiverFreak Elite Refuge Member

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we will get lucky and it will ooen on a tuesday or wed in a week or two!

Diverfreak

7. mojo1

mojo1 Elite Refuge Member

No money to open the gates but they can still have enforcement officers out and about??? Absolutely no reason to close access!

Can you say just anger stunt to insure voter anger??? Our government and system of laws is beyond broken. We need to scrap all of them and start fresh.

8. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

Apparently it is important to keep federal staff at the refuge to protect property and such. I wonder how many more staff members it takes when the refuge is open to hunting? I would venture to guess-NONE!
    Politicians are the cause of this issue.
    If you vote for an incumbant, you are part of the problem!
    R

9. Bret Wonnacott

Bret Wonnacott Elite Refuge Member

I remember the locked gate the last time the Government shut down in the 90's. It caught me by surprise at 4 o'clock in the morning. I think I went to salt creek instead. It sucked. I was Mad.

10. Coffinkid

Coffinkid New Member

Salt Creek and the Public are literally going to be war zones. Good luck to anyone that thinks decoying birds will be possible. Good luck everyone. :sp