Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Briggs and Stratton Vs. Honda Generator

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by THEIRCOMMITED10, Nov 22, 2020.

1. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |ModFishing Forum|Duck&Goose Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

Thinking about the 2200 watt variety does anyone have any experience with either of the aforementioned brands ? The smaller size and low noise draws me in for on the go stuff or camping . Thanks .

2. Curt Gibson

Curt Gibson Senior Refuge Member

Just got the Honda 2200 this past summer and it works great and is quite.

THEIRCOMMITED10 likes this.
  3. DuckyPhe

DuckyPhe Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

I've got the Honda. It's all it's cracked up to be. Ran two ice eaters with it the last two seasons. Very happy with it.

4. blacktail

blacktail Elite Refuge Member

Get the Honda. Had one about 8 years. I pull the cord. It starts, every time.

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

I'll start off by saying, I have two Honda 2000's, with the parallel kit kit so I can tie them together. Sometimes they sit for a year or more. No, they don't start on the first pull after sitting that long, but within 10 pulls, they do start and run perfectly. Had em for 15 years. Can't knock the Honda's, their reputation is too good. Then again, they know that, and you pay a high premium. ($1000+)

That said, the PowerHorse (NOT Powerhouse) brand from Northern Tool is something I have come to love. I have a wood splitter (used it today) and a pressure washer I use often. They use a Honda Knockoff engine, and both have been perfect. Have the splitter for 10 years, washer for 8. One pull, choke on, switch off, then turn the switch on, and pull again for a start. Every time.

They list a 2200 model for $500, free shipping. You can get the cable and wire two of them if you like. If I needed another genny, that is what I would get.
    https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200788692_200788692

6. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

I have two Honda 2200's and run them parallel. I have them for my travel trailer as well as a backup for my house. Great little generators.

7. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Whatever you get use nothing but nonethanol fuel in it. Or even better run it on propane.

8. CJW

CJW Senior Refuge Member

I have a propane ice auger. First thing I've ever run on it. Awesome...

9. ripline

ripline Elite Refuge Member

Have a 2200 that's nearly 45 years old. Still runs well and starts within a pull or two. It's quiet, but not nearly as quiet as the new models. Also have a Honda EB5000. It's 20 years old and was converted to run gas or propane. We use it to power our cabin.
    Due to their longevity and minimal maintenance, I am a huge HONDA fan!

10. glock

glock Refuge Member

I have a couple of Honda’s and they work great