Browning Gold Lite 10 parts

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Peakebrook, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Peakebrook

Peakebrook Senior Refuge Member

With new stock dwindling, I recently pulled the trigger on buying a Browning Gold Lite 10. Now that it is out of production, for those that have owned the gun, what spare parts should I consider purchasing?

2. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Didn't realize it was out of production. My understanding is they only make a certain number every year.

But I have been able to get parts for auto-5's so I wouldn't be too worried. Those have been out of production for 20 years. And they are still periodically making a parts run on them.

Peakebrook likes this.
  3. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

Where did you hear it's out of production?

4. baltz526

baltz526 Elite Refuge Member

Last I heard Browning was doing a run to be released about now.

5. Putz463

Putz463 New Member Supporting Member

An extra bolt buffer in the kit wont break the bank and may save a hunt. The one in mine was shattered when purchased used, replaced + a good cleaning, shoots good as new. Hope they aren't out of production. Aside, my bud has trouble cycling OEM Rem shells through his, mine isn't a picky eater and chews through factory and reloads. Enjoy...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  6. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Remington had some rounds that the cases are a touch long. Seems to be hit or miss with the gold. I have one that is sensitive to it. My fix is to cut them to max Sammi spec before reloading. Not a bit of problem with those. If your purchasing factory ammo you don't have that choice. So I'd stick to federal and Winchester.

7. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

More than likely it’s only out of production for a certain time frame. When order get high enough, they usually start production again, same with BPS 10. That said, if you’re shooting factory loads, no extra parts come to mind, except maybe the plastic follower, that sits in front of the action spring. More than likely, it’ll be fine unless shooting higher pressure loads. Only factory load that comes to mind, is the Remington Hyper Sonics. I pulled my plastic one out and machined an exact replica from aluminum.

8. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

They make them in May......