Browning - Winchester dura touch repair

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Rice Hunter, May 8, 2019.

1. twodog

twodog Refuge Member

Dose anyone know how long this dura touch repair will last? My Maxus is just starting to get sticky but it’s not too bad yet. I don’t want to miss out on this opportunity to get it fixed. Also don’t want them to send it back because it’s not bad enough either.

2. LADucks

LADucks Senior Refuge Member

Mine is apparently getting completely re-dipped. However, mine also was in "duck blind" which is no longer available. So that my have something to do with that. Mine has been on "being worked on by a gunsmith" since June 18. I called yesterday and they said it was being completely camouflaged so they sent it to one of their vendors performing the work on June 18. They said it typically takes 6 weeks to get back. They then function test the weapon and ship it out which he said should be expected early August. Apparently part of the lawsuit was that they aren't doing the dipping work themselves. They're contracting multiple vendors to handle that offsite. So depending on your firearm's needs, it could be as simple as putting a new stock on and shipping it back, or being shipped to another business for dipping which adds time

I don't know that there's an expiration on it. I'd call and ask.

3. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Senior Refuge Member

If you can do without it for a while, I'd send it.

4. Rice Hunter

Look at my pics earlier in thread. Mine was in mossy oak duck blind and that's what the DT was replaced with in dip. So guess they still had some laying around?

5. LADucks

Or they actually re-dipped the items like mine. If you have a camo version they still carry, they just slap the new stocks on. If MODB, they send the gun to a vendor to get dipped in the camo you need.

6. Rice Hunter

Yeah, mine was re-dipped in MODB. I wasn't clear. When I said laying around, I meant that they had some dipping sheets.

They told me when I spoke to them before shipping, they would try and "get close" but they matched it. I was a bit shocked.

Golddust likes this.
  7. Golddust

Golddust Refuge Member

Thanks for the heads up, LADucks! Mine is Citori in MODB, i just received email this afternoon stating the entire gun will be re-dipped. The stock and forearm were horrible because of the dura touch. The receiver had faded to a white and the dip started to peel under the forearm. I really don't mind which camo pattern, just happy its all being re-dipped.
    Glad you guys started this thread, probably would have never known about this, thanks!

8. LADucks

Heck I could care less which pattern they chose if it would have been quicker. But yes, Browning does not stock MODB themselves anymore. Someone else apparently does and is doing it for them.

9. duckman54

duckman54 Senior Refuge Member

I agree with Rice Hunter, if you can do without for awhile go ahead and get it done. Mine went from not sticky one season
    to where it was rubbing off on my hands, almost like tree sap and hard to get off your hands.

Mine was also MODB and received it back with the same, looks just like it did when I took it out of
    the box for the first time.

10. twodog

twodog Refuge Member

Answering my own question but the dura touch repair dose not expire. I just spoke to customer service. The rep said I could send it in anytime.

He did say that if you send it in too early and the DT is not “failing” they will ship it back and make you pay the shipping.