Browning - Winchester dura touch repair

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Rice Hunter, May 8, 2019.

1. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

I have 3 guns that need to be done, they received the 1st one June 28th, and as of 10 minutes ago it’s still waiting to be assigned. So in 17 days they have done nothing, will not send the other 2 until I get the first 1 back.

2. LADucks

LADucks Senior Refuge Member

LISTEN TO THIS ********!

I just called Browning again. The gun was received on May 23 and moved to "Task Started - Camoflauge" on June 19. I called their number on the service ticket mid-July after it hadn't moved. The man I spoke to said their contractor/out-sourcing for camo jobs is operating at about 6 weeks which would put me around August 1st and told me to call back after the first of August to check on it. No biggie. I called today and apparently spoke to someone else who claims my estimated completion date is Oct. 25. He seemed like he thought I was lying when I said what I had been told by them on the previous call. This is completely ridiculous. They have no consistency in what is being done customer to customer whether its sending you a new stock, sending them the old, or turn around times on requiring the whole gun sent in. If this "second guy" is accurate that means I'll be without the gun for the entirety of teal season and will be flirting with goose/duck season too. Does anyone have any idea if there's anything else that can be done? Anyone else to call? I had no idea that by sending the firearm in May would result threats to big duck season. They claim its because they don't do MO Duck Blind anymore but I could care less what camo pattern it is! I was never given an option. This is ludicrous.

3. bubba682

bubba682 Refuge Member

They still do duck blind got mine 2 weeks ago and i didn't send the incorrect camo ones back i cant get ahold of the rep to get the mail info so now i got my old ones and the wrong new one plus the correct new ones .It took 4 weeks to get he correct camo ones up here from the states so i think something is up with your rep LADucks.

4. LADucks

I haven't seen where anyone has had the same experience I have. The guy I talked to acted like it was a privilege that they were fixing my gun and all the people needing their gun fixed was my fault. I don't care how inconvenient it is for them. It ain't my problem. Any other industry offers concessions. Car recall? Here's a rental until we get it fixed. They could have said a different camo pattern would be a quicker turn around. They could also be CONSISTENT in how their cases are dealt with. I've talked to two reps and gotten two completely different responses as well as the multitude of different experiences on this site whether it's shipping stocks, the whole gun, just shipping you replacements, etc. I'm not really sure what to do here. Do I call again and ask for someone other than "Chris"?

5. bubba682

bubba682 Refuge Member

I would ask for the guy in charge you should be able to get those stock and forearm replacement in a couple of weeks.

6. LADucks

I sent a very lengthy email to the dura-touch techs detailing the dates, conversations, and things I was told. We'll see if it it goes anywhere. If not, I'll have to make calls and try my best to get to a supervisor. I just can't imagine why two people would tell me six weeks and one guy would automatically go doomsday scenario with 6 months and get all p***** about it. The first two people even explained that mine would have to get completely re-dipped by a contractor and specifically stated the time-frame from shipping to contractor and receiving it back was 6 weeks. This fit within their 2-3 month time frame. They didn't make that up from thin air and knew the specifics of my service number. If I would have been told six months at the beginning, it wouldn't have been a problem and I would have waited until January 2020. However, I was told 2-3 months total, so I did. Now I'm without my $1400 shotgun.

7. Golddust

Golddust Refuge Member

Checked the tracker today, my gun has finally moved to the next step of "Disassemble". See what happens next. Its been there since June 24th.

8. LADucks

I received a tracking number last Friday for the gun to be in on Wednesday. They received it on May 23 so that's about 3.5 months total turnaround from me shipping it to me receiving. Hopefully a good job was done. Sure cut it a little too close to teal season!

ronaldo and Golddust like this.
  9. SuperX2Shootr

SuperX2Shootr New Member

I sent mine in - back in June. It is the "Greenhead" version. They had called and said that they couldn't match it - so I authorized "carbon fiber". I got it back a couple of weeks ago (August); and I have to admit that I really like it. So - it seems that the 3 1/2 month turnaround is the norm; but well worth it (IMO).

10. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Senior Refuge Member

So, how does it look?