Building the Marsh Monster Layout!

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by DUCKEY, Jan 14, 2020.

1. DUCKEY

DUCKEY Refuge Member

Here’s the finished skirt. The sides are to straight....no flare and to high! So my plan will be to lower skirt and cut and add width to the skirt frame.

38437314-5FE9-4CD9-A9AC-638387AFA926.jpeg E79731F0-6CF2-491A-955D-F25EFA4C6624.jpeg

longduck likes this.
  2. D.Geiman

D.Geiman Senior Refuge Member

Looks Awesome! Good looking job.

3. DUCKEY

DUCKEY Refuge Member

Thanks! Looking forward to using it this fall

4. MQ

MQ Elite Refuge Member

Glad to see your progress. That will be fun to hunt out of.

5. DUCKEY

DUCKEY Refuge Member

Thanks! All in all I think the ducks will come in just fine. It’s sits perfect in the water and fits me just fine.

6. DUCKEY

DUCKEY Refuge Member

So I’m either a genius or I’ll find out if I made an epic oops. I needed to waterproof my spray shield and was looking at spray on treatments. Then I found a can of clear Flex Seal on my garage shelf. I tested it on a piece of scrap canvas and was happy with it once it dried. One can just about did the outside filling in the weave. I’ll need to treat the inside as well with another can. It’s a bit messy to use but cleans well with pain thinner.

7. DUCKEY

DUCKEY Refuge Member

Just gave the spray shield a test with the water hose and the water beads up and rolls off. There are a few places where the weave in not filled but I believe once the inside of the spray shield treated the weave will be completely filled in and water proofed.

8. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Senior Refuge Member

I used the black form of that on some canvas, it didn't last till the first time I used it. It just fell off. Hopefully you have better luck.

9. DUCKEY

DUCKEY Refuge Member

Interesting. I coated it heaving inside and out. We’ll see what happens.

10. DUCKEY

DUCKEY Refuge Member

0871AD2B-6E7E-44E3-9F67-B52837064A62.png Today I tested the layout in Saginaw Bay. Took two coworkers out. I didn’t get to hunt where I wanted....it was very occupied by 4 other boats, so we tried an area that was meh. But we scratched some. By the time I got a turn in the boat it was at least 2’ and she rode well and I had the rear splash guard raised and was nice and dry. Gotta get back out!!

MQ likes this.