Burn Pit win

timber hunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Damn! You've added emoji officer to spelling police. Do you get merit badges for that?

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score
I don't think SS gets the whole concept of social media. It isn't here for people to tell us how to think. It is here for people to tell everyone ELSE how THEY think.
And, I agree with the narcissist thing.

Here's an idea. Maybe instead of telling everyone else they are WRONG, a person could try to just post THEIR opinion on the matter. Let the reader decide if they agree or don't. Cuz, in the end, this is just internet chatter. No minds are being changed by type written words.

grahler

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don't think SS gets the whole concept of social media. It isn't here for people to tell us how to think. It is here for people to tell everyone ELSE how THEY think.
And, I agree with the narcissist thing.

Here's an idea. Maybe instead of telling everyone else they are WRONG, a person could try to just post THEIR opinion on the matter. Let the reader decide if they agree or don't. Cuz, in the end, this is just internet chatter. No minds are being changed by type written words.
I agree with you in a sense re SS.
At first I was combative towards him, however I personally now enjoy reading his contributions.
I truly believe he isn’t lying
Much.
I dunno the guy but I think at the end of the day his hearts in the right place.

HNTFSH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
As a conservative I totally understand how many zealots feel however they actually damage the cause most of the time because personality flaws and idiosyncrasies flourish, demonstrating obvious quirks in their personality or character that undermine what they're trying to communicate. Have no more patience for that than I do a naive liberal nerd.

Last edited:

grahler

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
As a conservative I totally understand how many zealots feel however they actually damage the cause most of the time because personality flaws and idiosyncrasies flourish, demonstrating obvious flaws in their personality or character that undermine what they're trying to communicate. Have no more patience for that as I do a naive liberal nerd.

Personally I have to say I understand your frustration 100 percent with SS but I am not an activist.
I’m not going to attack someone because I believe they are “bad for the cause”
I think for me that would be overzealous.
I support freedom of speech freedom of expression freedom to express ideas.

I think it’s a mistake to think you or I as an individual have a “cause” riding on us, that may succeed or fail based on our ability to convince people online of anything.

Jmo

::modern song::
:grvn

:bow:bow:bow

HNTFSH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Oh, don't get me wrong. The only reason I've said anything to SS at all is because he acts like an narcissistic arsehole most of the time. No one here should be foolish enough to believe they're changing minds but if they try, not being a jerkweed the better effort and at the least maybe entertaining.

But don't doubt me when I say that current day liberalism is enemy of the State stuff. So for me to expose/criticize poor behavior of a "conservative" means I find them abnormally egregious.

grahler

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Oh, don't get me wrong. The only reason I've said anything to SS at all is because he acts like an narcissistic arsehole most of the time. No one here should be foolish enough to believe they're changing minds but if they try, not being a jerkweed the better effort and at the least maybe entertaining.

But don't doubt me when I say that current day liberalism is enemy of the State stuff. So for me to expose/criticize poor behavior of a "conservative" means I find them abnormally egregious.
Cool.
Agreed, also nothings wrong with a few narcissistic a hole “toxic masculinity” folks out there imo, regardless of their effect.
Everything needs to balance out maybe?
To explain to when I made my his heart in right place I believe that, and to me that’s got nothing to do with politics or views.
Jmo

I get your position though. Totally and it’s not like it’s wrong lol

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Damn.

I missed it.

I think this just ruined my weekend.

:l:l

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Anywho, back to the original topic at hand.

Congress gets a a budget composed of discretionary and mandatory funding.

So let's use super dumb numbers because I'm tired.

Congress says we need $900. 500 is mandatory, discretionary gets what is left over ($400). Mandatory gets an extra 40 switched over from discretionary. Now mandatory is $540 and discretionary is $360.

In my understanding moving discretionary money to mandatory doesn't increase the budget so it should create a 40B blank check. It just makes sure this bill is actually funded and can't be cut.

The budget won't be 40B more next year just because this was made a mandatory.

Of course they can always print more money....but they can do that anyways. expense.

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score