Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Cabela's Sale Approved

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Bwana1, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Bwana1

Bwana1 Elite Refuge Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2017
  2. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Oh great. Cabelas has gone down hill lately. Their stores never have much in stock and their prices and shipping just can't compare. On the other hand, I despise Bass Pro. At least we still have Rogers.

Ringbill, h2ofwlr, J.SCOTT and 3 others like this.
  3. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

You have a Roger's near you? That's great.

I shop online Roger's mostly for ammo. But to walk into a store we have a Cabelas a couple miles away. Not the best prices, but if one watches sales prices and specials, not too bad. Sometimes it's nice to actually look at something.

Ringbill, h2ofwlr, newduk and 2 others like this.
  4. buck_master_2001

Unfortunately, no I don't. have a huge Cabelas not far away. The problem
    any more Is they never have anything in stock. Especially waterfowl. It's really hit or miss. Plus their prices are higher than giraffe hussie. Like you said, the only time it's worth it to buy there is during a special or the bargain cave.

Billy Bob likes this.
  5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Funny. I was in one about a month ago, getting a pair of boots. All the shelves were stocked.

6. buck_master_2001

Go check out the Dundee Cabelas. Want clothes? Your options are small, extra small, medium, extra medium, 2x and 3x. Want waterfowl gear? Ha! Good luck.

I like shopping in person but anymore it's not even worth it because they just don't ever have the hunting gear in stock. Then there's the whole price thing.

Example

Federal BC old style with the rebate
    Cabelas-$219/case
    Rogers-$179/case

That's a BIG difference for the same load.

Billy Bob likes this.
  7. blutk

blutk Refuge Member

I really hope this is for the best. Ever since Cabelas closed down Herters (when the decoys stopped being made, around 2006 [prior to bringing it back]), it seems like a race to the bottom in terms of quality and a race towards protecting their margins in terms of competition of brands. Maybe it's a bad or optimistic memory, but it just seems like the selection is way down, especially with regard to non-Cabelas brand items.

If this results in early 2000's Cabelas I welcome it.

Ringbill, h2ofwlr and Billy Bob like this.
  8. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

All you need to know about what to expect clothing wise - Basspro - Redhead is their brand. Not expecting much.

Ringbill and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  9. Flyfisher

Flyfisher Elite Refuge Member

Scheels 159 a case... :)

10. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Cabelas started their downward spiral when they started building stores all over the country. They are a last resort for me anymore. The stores here are a joke, the only things they have in stock are things that sit on the shelf because nobody ever buys them. The waterfowl section? What waterfowl section? There is one little pile of a few boxes of decoys and some display decoys that are rarely if ever in stock. Prices are just stupid, $16 for a single box of 3" Xperts that I can find in other box stores for $11.99 everyday and no break for case price. Rude employees that know nothing about products or even where to find them in the store, not that they would be in stock anyway.

IMO BPS buying Cabelas can't possibly make them any worse than they already are.

Ringbill, duckbuster2 and Spencer5100 like this.