*@%&! Cabelas

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Wack-a-Mole, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Wack-a-Mole

Wack-a-Mole Senior Refuge Member

Just had to get this out of my system....

I went up to Cabela's a couple of weekends ago to buy some decoys. I get up there and they did not have any of the deks in stock..... The sales "boy" tells me that I should have been there the day before and went on his way!:mad: (great customer service!!) So I wander around the store to find a few other things I needed, and decided to go and see if I could order them and have the shipped. I finally find a nice guy to give me a hand in ordering my deks. He gets the numbers and lets me know that a shipment of what I wanted should be there on Monday and they would ship them then. Good, I'll have them by Goose opener, I thought. Well on that Monday I get a call from some lady at Cabela's saying I needed to call her, left a number but no name...... I spent 30 min on the phone trying to figure out what they were callin about, got transfered 3 times and finally had to go back to work, so I left my name and number and told them to call me back after 5pm or leave a name of who I could call back. They called back again the next day at 10am and left the same message that I needed to call, but left no name or why!! OK I'm Ticked now..... I finally get a hold of a nice lady and she finds out what was goin on... This is on Friday! The 12 year old that was running the register charged me wrong and they had to charge me more... so instead of sending me the stuff that I paid for and holding the merch. that was not charged, they held the entire order!!! It's Friday before goose opener!!!:mad: :mad: So I tell her that It was ok to charge the rest of my order, but I wanted my shipping waved since this was going on for a week... She would not do that so I told her to just send me the stuff I paid for and I would buy the other deks from Macks PW. So, I get home this Friday hopin to have at least some of my deks, to find a piece of mail on the table from Cabela's. It's a receipt, that @#&% lady canceled my entire order and refunded my card!

I am not happy:mad: :mad:
    I ordered them from Macks PW and sent Cabelas a Very nasty letter!

2. Wild boar

Wild boar Senior Refuge Member

I'm hearing you hum like bubble gum, every time I go there their out of stock. They tell me I should just order them online. *** do you have a store for? I'm done going there brother.

3. EMan

EMan Senior Refuge Member

I've only had good experiences with Cabelas. The people up in Sidney usually are very helpful, but they never have the decoys in stock.

4. USMC

USMC Elite Refuge Member

I had that crap happened to me more than once. I swore that the internet was the way to order from them.:l
    Love the customer service from the catalog side of the house.:D

5. Duckley

Duckley New Member

Cabelas plan on breaking ground in Castle Rock, CO in the Spring.
    They will be behind the Outlet stores, (west of the them). On the corner of Founders Parkway and the intrance to the outlet stores.
    :D
    Duckley

6. stubble

stubble Senior Refuge Member

I believe that the bigger Cabelas gets, the worse the service gets.

7. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter Guest

It may only get worse for Cabela's. They are a client of mine, and at this point they are 45% sold to an investment firm. They will be going public in the next year, and will have a store in every state by 2005/2006. HQ will stay where it is, hopefully it won't get much worse.

8. webfoot00

webfoot00 Senior Refuge Member

I have had all good luck with Cabelas:confused:
    My 2 cents

9. FullSack

FullSack Senior Refuge Member

The Castle Rock planning department chief denies that a Cabela's will be built in the city! Absolutely no permits have been filed - ever!

10. EARS

EARS Guest

I highly agree. Sportsmans Warehouse is a hell of a lot better. They just dont carry chokes for Mossberg.