California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Calif thinking about closing fishing ???

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Ducks Bucks&Bulls, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Flyfisher

Flyfisher Elite Refuge Member

Private land too????? On turkey and bear?

2. Luigi Daniele

Luigi Daniele Turkey Hunters Forum Moderator

NorCal: watching the specks and sprig work
    I’d be ticked

3. Red foot

Red foot Elite Refuge Member

Is this social distancing? IMG_2825.jpg

black&blueshoulder likes this.
  4. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Believe me... I'm the last one that wants anything closed....and it saddens me to read things like this...

But so many guys are missing it... it's not about being out in the open, or by themselves... or feeding family

It's the "nonessential travel" that the governors order states that they are after..

To many people are pushing it, tweeking it to their agenda and if people don't start to get on the program they "system" is really going to get nasty on the things we do..

Its killing me that we can't salmon fish and it saddens me to read things like this...its so sad that people are out of work, business closing... but I get it...

This thing is gong to change the country as we knew it... we have been spoiled and take so much for granite for a long time.... this is a reality check of the greatest kind..

I'm trying to do my part... but its tough !!!

blackdog58, chuam, sacbob and 2 others like this.
  5. Red foot

Red foot Elite Refuge Member

Granite has nothing to do with it...now maybe soapstone, limestone, or schist, now yer talking!

Brottboss, Powder and WILDDUX like this.
  6. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

I’m with you Mark. It’s fine to be out by yourself opening day of trout season, but it’s all the things that go with it. Buying bait/tackle, extra grocery store trip for supplies, a fresh tank of gas, each stop is another chance to infect or be infected. I really can’t blame the the residents not wanting an influx of potential carriers from the population centers, where the virus is more prevalent. Yes some could do it with minimum exposure, but many wouldn’t. Just look at the number of people on this forum that don’t think it’s serious.

7. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

I would think the state will close everything, not one area, or suspend the trout opener like salmon.

8. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Elite Refuge Member

All the golf courses finally closed....Sacramento area had numerous open as of yesterday....not anymore.

9. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

In my area the County Sheriff says his officers will enforce the Shelter at Home order with $1000. tickets , to anyone outside that's considered non-essential !
    Plus the mandatory order those outside their home , need to be wearing a Mask of some kind (Cloth or Paper) , that will stop air-borne droplets .

10. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

They closed the Sac and Feather , just when the Stripers showed up .... Lots of guides are pissed ... Find a private ramp and your good to go .. I'll be fishing for them soon ...
    And I certainly won't let some idiot write me a ticket ... For being outside ... Not gonna happen . ... again draw the line ... be smart , but good Lord I don't need a baby sitter ...

Birdcrazy, grizzly and Brottboss like this.