California: full retard

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Is there an additional line in their emissions calculator that will factor in all the extra carbon from millions of acres of forest that will burn because of the inadequacies of electric fire fighting machines? Call that line the retard multiplier.

IV Hunt

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Is there an additional line in their emissions calculator that will factor in all the extra carbon from millions of acres of forest that will burn because of the inadequacies of electric fire fighting machines? Call that line the retard multiplier.
Nope.

That has been the fallacy of their policy of restricting controlled burns.

molliesmaster

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Tell that to the people who died in Paradise.

I'm not downplaying the tragedy that fires cause. But I'm considering the massive amount of day-to-day things that are imported or railed into California. Food, clothing, raw materials. Sure, you'll still have access to these things but at a rate that's gonna make these current inflation numbers blush. Couple that with trucking companies leaving California altogether, I mean, the ports are already a disaster there. Limit capabilities even more and I'd be impressed if the vast majority of Californians stick around long enough to see more than one fire season.

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
They'll have to I guess, because electric fire engines that will work for the state mission simply don't exist. At some point the existing rigs will give up the ghost and there will be no replacement.
Looks like we can expect a long line to get any support type EVs.

IV Hunt

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Ravenanme

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You fellas think all this EV and Diesel trucks being band in Calif is bad ? You had better get out and help all your retarded Liberals in
your area wised up before Newsom becomes your President / Governor too ! Those of us still here are rotting on the vine as it is and
all we hear is , how bad it is in this Chit-Hole state . We are still trying to get this "Dictator" out of office with his demands , please
please , don't allow him to ruin the whole country !

J.Bennett

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The technology isn't there yet for vehicles that size to run on electricity/batteries. These green politicians are definitely living in la la land, what a utopia.
They have heavy trucks that run an electric engine off of a hydrogen fuel-cell generator that have a 300+ mile range while hauling a load that take 15 minutes to refuel... Not there yet, but not too terribly far from where they need to be either.

Lots of folks here seem to think that we shouldn't even set goals because we might not reach them. You all remind me of the kid on my son's baseball team that won't swing the bat because he's afraid he might strike out.

Ravenanme

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
They have heavy trucks that run an electric engine off of a hydrogen fuel-cell generator that have a 300+ mile range while hauling a load that take 15 minutes to refuel... Not there yet, but not too terribly far from where they need to be either.

Lots of folks here seem to think that we shouldn't even set goals because we might not reach them. You all remind me of the kid on my son's baseball team that won't swing the bat because he's afraid he might strike out.
Have you looked at the cost of battery production to the environment ? What it's destroying to our earth and who's to gain ?
It's more like the Credit Card users in todays society , put it on the card and we'll pay later . Pay indeed ? Totally agree with
developing a energy system that supports us for years to come but , to push it along before we're ready is BS for all !

With ALL the money being given away to other countries and not building or reinforcing our countries grid-system to
transport efficient electrical power or developing a better way of producing cheaper power , we are being pushed down
the worm hole of failing our Planet !

Last edited:

J.Bennett

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at the cost of battery production to the environment ?
You do realize that, other than a small battery (like the one under the hood of your current ICE vehicle) to start the generator, trucks like the one described in the post that you quoted don't have batteries, right?

The electricity to run the electric motor doesn't come from a battery, it's generated by an onboard hydrogen fuel-cell generator.

But go ahead and keep coming up with reasons not to swing the bat.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's prolly because he strikes out alot. :l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts