Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Caller help!

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by BassNazi88, Feb 14, 2020.

1. BassNazi88

BassNazi88 Refuge Member

So doing some research with not much luck, what do you guys use for a wireless remote that will turn on and off as well as control the volume? Thank you all for the help!

2. jolle

jolle Elite Refuge Member

To get both, you either need to get a commercial caller that has that built in, or use bluetooth. And the bluetooth part of it is likely only to be the audio so turning it off is turning the volume to zero. You can get bluetooth add-on modules for current amps, or get a new amp that has bluetooth built in.

For power on/off, there are a number of modules on Amazon that have small remotes that control the input voltage from the battery. Like this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Universal-Remote-Control/dp/B000ZRW78Q

3. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

you could try your luck with various car/marine head units that come with factory remotes. Distance will probably suck on them though, but you'd have the ability to control tracks, volume, and power. Most are 4 channel, 15-25W RMS, so plenty of power to drive horns or full range speakers. Most come with SD card or USB slots now as well.

Don't waste your time with any of the "mini" amps that come with remotes. You'll be lucky to have the remote work at all, non the less more than 3 feet from the amp.

4. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

Juvie’s callers have a remote for on/off but not volume.

5. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

How far? My option was a 100 ft roll of 3.5mm cable plugged into my mp3. Works fine

6. BassNazi88

BassNazi88 Refuge Member

Thinking within 100 ft. We typically run more then 1 dog and I hate wires lol

7. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

I know juvies remote works at 30yds.

8. timber hunter

timber hunter Elite Refuge Member

I just wish he had volume control. I don't mind running one caller on low but I can't see upgrading my second unit if I can't get volume control on remote. Thought he would have something in a high end unit by now.

9. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

Are your speakers wired? Wires are a pain I know for several reasons but with them existing anyway for speakers it's just one more. And one wire to a caller at least puts a whole set of speaker wires out away from the hunters who are as prone or more to tangle up in them. JMO. A 100 ft capable remote with volume and on/off would sell like hotcakes. Not sure how much the volume remote differs from a speed remote bit I have a remote that changes speed and has an on/off that works very well

10. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

GooseGetter has(or at least did) a remote that does volume.

hunting1 likes this.