Callout to Driverfreak

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by dubob, Nov 5, 2013.

1. dubob

dubob Senior Refuge Member

Sorry, I don't know. But I do agree they deserve your attention if you're in the market for a layout boat.

2. tshuntin

tshuntin Elite Refuge Member

Hats off to the new company owner for helping the guy out. Too bad they had to. I know a couple people that wish they would have received their spray shield things they paid for a few years ago - prior to the company being sold.

3. Band Man

Band Man Elite Refuge Member

If Tony sold His business and isn't hunting much anymore, I highly doubt He's checking these forums. Also a guy can't take someone on a hunt when He sold His business and most likely doesn't hunt anymore. :l

Glad the new company is taking Your friend out. Seems like Tony did everything He could when He was still in business. Hunting is Hunting and Sometimes You get skunked. If He's no longer in business or hunting He has no reason to check these forums or take guys out.

4. dubob

dubob Senior Refuge Member

No disrespect intended and please correct me if I'm wrong here - but when you receive a PM, you are generally notified by email that you have a PM and the email contains a link to the PM. I sent Tony a PM with my friends phone number and I'm pretty sure he got an email notifying him of that fact. Of course, I can't be 100% sure he read the PM, but chances are real good he at least knew about it. And I have to assume that he decided to ignore the PM because neither my friend or me got a response. Sorry, but I'm at a loss to understand this very simple lack of courtesy. Just sayin'.

5. 400Bullelk

400Bullelk Senior Refuge Member

Band Man I disagree with you. I don't know either party, but you are seeing more and more of this. People offer up hunts, gear, pods, ect. for a good cause, then when it comes time to make good on the offer, they "disappear". It's happening with big game conservation groups as well. If you're offering up services, you need to make sure that you come through with your offer. Things happen and change, but that's life. You communicate, and try and make things right. You might not be checking the internet boards, but from the above comments, it looks as if they were contacting him by phone, and Bill Collector was hunting with him. So it appears, and this is only one side of the story, that Diverfreaks intentions were to avoid the situation. If you take a long time to get back to someone, and then go out and not too good, hunting is hunting, but you offer up another hunt, fulfill your commitment. My problem is how much this type of thing is happening, there is a post about a guy buying pods at an auction put on by a conservation group, then the company going out of business, and another company taking care of the obligation. Just do what you committed to do.

6. Ben Elli

Ben Elli Elite Refuge Member

400Bull, I agree completely with your post. It doesn't matter if you don't hunt anymore. If you promised a hunt to someone for monies paid or for any reason for that matter, you beg, borrow or steal the equipment you need to fulfill your promise. A man's word is his bond. It's a black and white issue to me, you say, you do period!

7. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

Tony not hunting anymore? Ha! He knows that this guy is trying to get a hold of him. Just like he knows about a couple guys that paid for spray shields they never got and have been trying to get a hold of him for 2-3 years.

I don't know him personally. I know many people that do and vouch for him as a good guy. But this seems to be par for the course. It is too bad really, it wasn't long ago a bunch of people (including people on this forum) contributed to send him on the hunt of a lifetime. You'd think he'd be more inclined to pay it forward, or at least at a minimum, deliver on what is promised and has already been paid for. Glad it worked out for your buddy. A lot of good people still out there. :tu

8. mojo1

mojo1 Elite Refuge Member

I know Tony and dealt with him a lot. Every bit of dealings I had with Tony; he was always been straight up with me and delivered what he promised. That's more than I can say for some other waterfowlers in the area.

I also know the other guy (big E) very well, as well as Dubob.

I don't know the exact circumstances of this story but I have learned that there's always two sides to every story, and most of the time the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

Anyway, I'm glad big E got another hunt from the new owner. Tell him I hope he smacks some birds!!

9. Band Man

Band Man Elite Refuge Member

Maybe You're 100% right and this is happening more and more in the hunting industry. It seems like a whole lot has changed again just in the last 5 years alone !! Take calls for example.. Calls that I was running 4-5 years ago are no longer around anymore. The call maker is out of business and when I lose an insert guts/ crack a barrel or need Reeds/Cork/ or even to get one specially tuned I'm now out of luck. I'm left with a piece of acrylic junk that I bought for over a $100 dollars that there is no way I can get work done or parts much less contact anyone about it. That's just the changes in the duck and goose calling world. With that said, it seems Our sport many do not make it. All I was saying with Tony is if He infact did go out of business or sell, or if He's not hunting anymore... The burden is not on Him in My opinion. Just like the burden is not on them call makers, nor is it on the Roofer who put my roof on that went out of business. Sure We had a 10 year warranty, but what can You do when someone goes out of business ? Nothing. I don't expect people to make good on stuff that they are no longer able to make good on. I didn't know Tony very well. What I did know of Him, He was a stand up guy, but if He's out of business now and unable to outfit a group or maybe even not hunting anymore, I feel it's unfair for anyone to expect Him to make good on something. Just like I don't expect that roofing company to make good on their contract. Or the call makers. They did infact go under so it's not their burden. Also if Tony did see this thread or PM I can see why He doesn't want to answer. It must be heart breaking knowing that You can no longer offer a service that You once loved providing. Like someone said there is two sides to every story, then the truth. I'm glad it all got worked out, I just was offering My opinion. I would never expect a guided hunt from a guide that went under. Especially after He did make good and take Me out the first time, even if the hunt was unsuccessful

10. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

I'm waiting to see if the hunt next week happens. I bought a drift boat from a guy and he promised a steelhead fishing trip with it. That was 10 years ago and I'm still waiting for my trip. Well actually I'm not waiting anymore but I still see him at sporting good shows.

add: And pardon me for sticking my nose into your business.