Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Can Am defender pressurized cab, anyone have one?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I have a Honda but want a pressurized cab for winter plowing.

Anyone have one or ever use one that has a pressurized cab?

I think spending some money now can help me out of this political funk!!!

2. missed mallards

missed mallards Senior Refuge Member

Are you talking about the limited models?

don’t own one but have used/ridden one regularly at my friends camp. Air works wonders and heat does a great job. It’s not comparable to the Honda nor Polaris cab, as it really works.

3. Lip Shooter

Do you mean the cab is heads a shoulders better then the Honda or Polaris?

4. missed mallards

5. missed mallards

We own a pioneer 1000. Love the machine and as far as work/hunting is involved it’s the machine. It will just go and keep going. We’ve not had any problems out of it. The cab sucks though and there are plenty of windows for air to come in at. Just doesn’t seal very well.

buddies camp just bought 2 crew cabbed Polaris. Both have been to the shop and neither heat works exceptionally well. AC is cool but not cold. They just won’t stand for abuse/heavy clay mud. Hadn’t found a Polaris yet that does.

can am- change tie rods. Other than that solid machine and cab is awesome. Im not a huge fan of the Visco lok but it’s held up in the 2 machines I’ve used. Halo would solve that problem however not cheaply fix. AC is cold and heat is hot.

Lip Shooter likes this.
  6. Shirleyshusband

Shirleyshusband Elite Refuge Member

Just bought a 2021 defender limited cab last week. Plowed 6" of snow in my tee shirt! So far, so good.

7. Lip Shooter

Maybe you can help me out. I have a longer drive with a big circle in it by my house. I currently have a plow on a 4 wheeler and skidsteer with a bucket and big snowblower on it. I really have no need for the skiddy, my neighbors use it more then myself. The blower is a bobcat blower 200 7' wide and really moves snow. I want to get rid of the skidsteer and replace it with the Defender. I can also then sell my Honda Pioneer, skidsteer and blower. I am a bit north of you.

Thoughts???

8. Shirleyshusband

Shirleyshusband Elite Refuge Member

We drove it around our property a few times, it's 70 acres. Went uphill and downhill fine. Deepest snow was about 12".
    Our drive to the house is 100 yards. Then another 100 yards to the shed. I clear an area in front of the shed that's about 50' x 50'. Only snow so far was a wet 6 inches. It worked fine. Because I was having so much fun I did my neighbors too!.
    The cab warms up in 10 minutes. It was probably around 25 outside but toasty inside.
    So, I like it, a lot. I also have a CUT tractor with a blade if needed but in all honesty I don't see that happening.
    Hope that helps.

Lip Shooter likes this.
  9. AzSprig

AzSprig Elite Refuge Member

Waiting on mine now, production is running behind.

Lip Shooter likes this.