Can anyone give me a good reason why Sleepy Joe would debate Trump?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I disagree...

Trump recently liked a post on Twitter (Capital Hill Coronavirus Press Conference), and after Trump liked it, it was banned from Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and every other widely available social media you can think of.

The excuse for banning is that it was dangerous misinformation... That should NOT ever be viewed by the public (17 million views before it was banned).

No doubt that the social media outlets will to some degree block Trump... In some way.

Biden would be an absolute fool to debate with Trump. As stated, he has nothing to gain and much to lose. As long as he holds to the narrative that Trump is so evil and racist that it would be ethically wrong to acknowledge him by debating him, Biden will be able to keep the Trump haters, as well as even the mildly against Trump voters.....

Talking to Biden supporters about cowardice of avoiding a debate with Trump, the popular response seems to be "why would he demean himself by debating a Nazi?"

2. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

Wait a minute.... he voted by mail didn't he... what state was that again...
    I mean it's not like he cant just fly on down there (on the tax payer), line his pocket while staying at his resort (on the tax payer), golf (on the tax payer) Its not like some of the trumps and confidants are registered in multiple states... nope, don't see a problem here at all. Yup, clearly the dems are the only crooked ones...lol

3. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Don't forget when he asked a wheelchaired bound person to "stand up!" Of course he didn't know, but he should have! :doh

4. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Biden participated in the Democratic debates - and their were at least 10 of them. So why sit the most important ones out the Presidential Debates? The last one between Biden and sanders was only 5 months ago.

Biden needs to debate Trump at least 3 times in three various formats to prove to America that he can lead this Nation. And to prove to everybody that he is not suffering from a decline in his cognitive state of mind. That he his alert, sharp and present.

Michael and fowlwhacker like this.
  5. pintail2222

Who is Chuck Graham. :doh

OneShotBandit likes this.
  6. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

An Invitation in the Mail for Election Fraud
    Washington state sent a ballot to my home—which is now in Texas.

By Scott Hogenson
    Aug. 2, 2020 12:23 pm ET

Uncertainties over Covid-19 have spurred significant interest in voting by mail. The process differs substantially from absentee voting, which requires a voter to file an application and creates a documented paper trail. Vote by mail is simpler: Ballots are printed and sent to registered voters, who complete and return them.

Consider Washington state. Vote by mail was required in 2011, so the government has had nearly a decade to refine the process. True to form, I received my Aug. 4 primary ballot several weeks ahead of the election date, leaving me ample time to consult my conscience and return my ballot.

The U.S. Postal Service appears to be operating fairly well. I still had plenty of time to vote because the USPS helpfully forwarded my ballot to my new address—in Texas.

Our family moved from Washington state to suburban Dallas in mid-June, but I have been invited to participate in Washington state’s August elections. So has my wife. Given that we aren’t residents of Washington, we won’t vote there. That would be fraudulent. I could probably get away with it, but the little angel on my shoulder shouted down the little devil on the other.

Therein lies but one of a cavalcade of problems with vote by mail. There’s no way of knowing how many nonresidents will receive ballots they’re not legally allowed to cast. There is no way to confirm how many eligible voters don’t receive ballots, how many dead people receive ballots, how many people receive multiple ballots, how many ballots actually make it through the mail in time, and how many ballots aren’t delivered to the place where they’re to be counted.

This anecdote isn’t unique, but you wouldn’t know that by reading the news. A Google search of “vote by mail fraud” returns articles mostly about how fraud is some sort of “myth,” a “false narrative,” something “not likely” to occur.

Even if every bureaucrat and election volunteer involved in every part of the process is honest and efficient, voting by mail is still fraught with problems. In my case, I don’t suspect malfeasance on the part of election officials. It takes time to purge voter rolls, and it’s entirely reasonable for this not to happen in the month between my move and the delivery of my ballot to Texas.

We can hope that individual voters will be honest. But passions run high in presidential election years, especially this one. Vote by mail may sound like a good idea, but it isn’t. It can’t be. It is subject to too many vagaries, too many errors, too much malevolent temptation. The American republic has done reasonably well with voting at polling places, and a radical revision of the voting process three months ahead of a presidential election would be doomed to inaccuracy and, yes, fraud.

Mr. Hogenson is president of Hogenson Communications.

duckman54 likes this.
  7. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

If I remember correctly, obama couldnt speak at ALL without a teleprompter and had lots of difficulty with pronunciation. Tol ee Bon

OneShotBandit likes this.
  8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Simple answer: Biden demand Trumps tax returns, in return for three debates. E’erbodies happy.

Lip Shooter and pintail2222 like this.
  9. IV Hunt

IV Hunt Elite Refuge Member

Oh, a Heads up debate without TP for either candidate, I'm taking DJT 10/1 odds. He'd mop the floor with sleepy Joe

10. pintail2222

Trump releases his ‘17 - ‘19 returns and Biden has the University of Delaware release all of his US Senate
    Documents.