Can our resident libs/TDSr's explain why?

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not talking about EO's. Talking about strong arming and appointing unqualified yes men when people wouldn't yield. Not going to go point by point but I find it ironic that a bunch of "constitutionalists" play lap dog to the president to tried to siphon all the power to the executive branch.
Can you give us some examples of Trump subjugating the other branches to the executive and become king?

I've given the example where Pelosi was upset that Trump exercised Federalism when dealing w/ COVID-19. He could have gone Dictator like Pelosi wanted him to and make the call on a Federal Level for a national shut down, a national mask mandate and national stay at home orders. But he didn't.

timber hunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It was Trumps energy policy that helped to keep inflation in check at around 2%. I doubt it would have gone above 8%.
Doubtful. If his policy was so effective, the refineries would already be in place. The ramp up for the post-pandemic recovery would be taking place with a lame duck president and a probable Democrat in the office next. The long range green conversion isn't going away, either.

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubtful. If his policy was so effective, the refineries would already be in place. The ramp up for the post-pandemic recovery would be taking place with a lame duck president and a probable Democrat in the office next. The long range green conversion isn't going away, either.
Weren't we already behind in building refineries? And I do believe it takes more than 3-4 years to build a plant, eh? And some people like you keep forgeting that nThe Don WAS NOT A CAREER POLITICIAN (THAT was one reason I voted for him twice)! He was triying to run the country like a business which was refreshing but we may not have been ready for that!
"Like a King" that's rich! :l :l :l :l
OT: If we go nuke I believe it takes 10 years+ for a plant to be built & go online!

full choke

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Exactly.
Much would be the same if Trump was in there now. I had no particular problem with Trumps' policies until he started trying to subjugate the other branches to the executive and become king. Everything he did as he was losing and then lost the election proved my suspicions about him were right. Had he won we would be looking at a power play to allow a third term right now.
Both guys were to old for the office last time and way to old this time.
I am sorry- were you stretching to talk about Trump? Sounded exactly like you were talking about Obama..

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Biden created the catalyst for the current inflation situation and looming recession his first week in office when he declared actual war on fossil fuels. The delusional ba$tard fashions himself as FDR 2.0 when in actuality he is the worst of Nixon and Carter, rolled up into one.

~83% of all goods moves on 18 wheels and when you double the cost of diesel in ~16 months, what the hell did anyone expect would happen? It has all run downhill from there.

If DJT was in office?

Would Putin have invaded Ukraine?

Would Iran be on the cusp of tactical nukes?

Would the Abraham Accords have been scrapped?

Would Beijing be salivating over it's eminent invasion of Taiwan?

Would the invasion of our southern border be anywhere near the current level?

The Keystone XL pipeline would've been completed by now with another ~800K barrels of crude flowing daily to the refineries.

The further development of the Alaska and Gulf of Mexico fields would have helped keep WTI prices in the DJT era range as there would be no supply shortage specter.

No gentlemen, the Big Guy didn't get his 10% from Big Oil so he took it out on all of us.

BTW, Green Energy will someday become a significant factor but that day is quite a ways off in the future.

Once the anti-gravity cat gets out of the (gubbermints) bag.......thanks to Mr. Tesla.

Brottboss

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Doubtful. If his policy was so effective, the refineries would already be in place.
Have you forgotten RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA, false impeachments, liberal MSM bias? He couldn't follow thru with squat due to your teams inability to focus on real issues and their desire to gin up/create countless lies.
Your team of cowards, not mine.

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Doubtful. If his policy was so effective, the refineries would already be in place. The ramp up for the post-pandemic recovery would be taking place with a lame duck president and a probable Democrat in the office next. The long range green conversion isn't going away, either,
The refineries that he tried to give biofuel exemptions to? That is when the policy wasn’t being sued by various blue States?

Interesting that you don’t even mention LNG.

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Trump and his ego would have called in “Big Oil” to the White House for a meeting and he would have asked them what do they need in order to fix their problem - not blame them from the podium.

I heard a guy say that if Trump was still President he would have probably gotten Harley Davidson to make Baby Formula in order to help with the Baby Formula shortage. Like he had GM help make ventilators…

The_Duck_Master

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Blaming Trump for being unable to snap his fingers and overcome decades of leftist EPA obstruction in the courts is clear proof you can't fix stupid.