Canadian Provinces

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Declaring Martial Law over a peaceful protest isn't the work of a Liberal. It is the work of a despot.

Chris Benson

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Are the Canadian people really against the truckers or is that state media propaganda?

There are people against the convoy, and it seems in some/a lot of the media they make it out to be the majority. These people are adamantly against this protest and what it stands for. Here is my thing.

It's not your decision on what other people can or can not protest about

We have the Right of Freedom of Expression in Canada as granted by the Charter of Freedoms and Rights. We also have the right to form peaceful protests to voice our opinion on things we find unjust or disagreeable, and hold our elected officials accountable. If someone wants to protest that there is too many clouds in the sky, by all means guy go do your protest. Just because I could careless about the clouds, doesn't mean my opinion trumps his opinion and I prevent him from protesting. The same people that are calling out the truckers protest and calling them all sorts of names and allegations that they are all Nazis, I would like to ask, what's the solution? Protests can only happen if you first get government approval?

....yeah......think about that....

I may not agree with the reason you are protesting, but I will support your ability to be able to protest and make your voice heard.

Wanderer

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I believe as people of a Democratic Society and Nature we all believe in the right to peaceful protest.

Unfortunately, my definition of peaceful includes things that obviously other don't.

Like no violence of any sort, no destruction of property, no looting, and most importantly not interfering with my or others rights in anyway!

And sadly this is where both sides of the Political Spectrum fail miserbly IMHO.

Will

Vahunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We have the Right of Freedom of Expression in Canada as granted by the Charter of Freedoms and Rights.
Who grants those rights according to the charter? Government? God?
Whatever government grants, it can darn sure take away.
I'm not impressed with the enthusiasm with which your government came down on those truckers. Apparently, a lot of your countrymen were fine with it.
(Don't get me wrong, we have a bunch of lefties here who are just fine with coming down on people who don't agree with them.)

Vahunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to joint the US? We are not the be all end all greatest in the world. Maybe they would want to be their own country.

Toronto and Ottawa have gone a long way towards ruining Canada, but we have much bigger problems in the states. Just pick a big city.
Think about it.
There would be 4-6 more Republican senators as a permanent state of affairs. That would mean a permanent shift in power and policy formulation.
Maybe you don't think that's a good thing, but it would a step at least in restoring sense to Washington.

Clark

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We USED TO have the Right of Freedom of Expression in Canada as granted by the Charter of Freedoms and Rights.
FIFU. Very similar situation to the 2A in the US.

Bows Up

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Cascadia was floated years ago ie BC, Washington and Oregon.
I doubt many hate the truckers, but there came a time when they had made their point and should have gone home.

10ga.crazy

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Are the Canadian people really against the truckers or is that state media propaganda?
The majority are 100% behind the truckers. Only the Liberal lovers are with the Turd and his cronies as is the mainstream media.