Carrier Pin Clip

Buster_AZ

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just spend way too long aligning this tiny clip back in after doing an end of season deep clean on my SX3. It popped out while I was brushing the inside of the receiver. Are there any tricks or speciality tools that make this job easier?

C M Wings

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just spend way too long aligning this tiny clip back in after doing an end of season deep clean on my SX3. It popped out while I was brushing the inside of the receiver. Are there any tricks or speciality tools that make this job easier?
LMAO best thing to do is avoid having it pop out! That little bugger is a bear....

Old video made by a member on your problem.

Buster_AZ

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’m referencing the installation of a tiny clip into the carrier pin on Winchester and Browning autos. Part #19 on this spec below. Spent about an hour trying to lock the pin (#18) in place with this little dinky clip. I finally got in and tested the gun at the range. Functions find, but I don’t recommend shooting without the clip installed. It serves a purpose and the pin could work loose without the clip.

Attachments

• DFAD181B-A46C-4D11-9D17-CED942D60E21.jpeg
    DFAD181B-A46C-4D11-9D17-CED942D60E21.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 21

Buster_AZ

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
LMAO best thing to do is avoid having it pop out! That little bugger is a bear....
This I agree with ;)

I just read the video comments. Lol, good thing I was able to get the clip in. Definitely took a frustrating amount of time. I used a small pair of forceps to hold the clip while aligning it in the small channel in the wall of the receiver. I’m hoping someone has a better way and chimes in!

Last edited:

CA Birdman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Have to look at that video clip. My son's SX3 shot well for first 10 years but last two years been a pain in the behind. Right now sitting in in pieces after we took it apart to get shells out of it after it failed dove hunting. Ready to sell as parts gun.