Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Caught them finally!!!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Mike0311, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

I might be able to swing that bat....but it's been a few years since my old shoulder could do any damage with a baseball. :l

riverrat47, dwhauss and CHEEKPATCH like this.
  2. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

Honestly, half the season I have my shotgun in my truck. I never know when I might get the urge to skip out of work early. I do try to hide it and make a point to lock the truck. But **** happens.

Was this the forum people were talking about mini14s under the back seat?

3. burgawboy

burgawboy Elite Refuge Member

If I had time to stretch I’d light them up, but most likely I would pull something on the 2nd or 3rd throw wit adrenaline pumping.

4. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

Grif, I've had locked vehicles popped open, so that might deter 80%, but it won't get everyone.

Living in a rent house after we moved, had the car/truck broken into twice in two months. They did catch the people; weren't from the area and would pop in off the Interstate, go through a couple neighborhoods, and then take off.

We didn't leave jack in the vehicles except some change, but they sure rummaged around.

When I was younger, I used to occasionally load the truck with gun, bag, waders, decoys the night before and lock it up. Now? Nope. And I'm in a fairly quiet area.

5. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

For sure, but I'd go much higher than 80%. We get a ton of video because so many people have ring doorbells, home monitors, etc. I can't remember the last time I saw any of these crews do anything but run up into a driveway, check every door handle, and move on. I'm sure it can be different in other parts of the country.....but it's not rocket science or these boneheads couldn't pull it off.

rhpierce likes this.
  6. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Its called responsible gun ownership. You mean to tell me you're SO tired after a hunt to simply carry a shotgun into the house after driving is too hard? Really? I see it as a lame excuse. Kinda like being “SO” tired that I left my loaded gun on the kitchen table with my 5 year old and his 6 year old sister. If you were THAT tired maybe you shouldn’t have driven home. Cheap, lame excuses. But go ahead, arm the s**mbags of the world out of your driveway. Bro.

Billy Bob likes this.
  7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

No, I named one scenario where someone might leave a gun in a vehicle. The rest of your BS is just that.

TheDuckSlayer and Bigshot75 like this.
  8. Mike0311

Mike0311 Senior Refuge Member

I have definitely been in the position where I was way to tired to drive home after a hunt but did anyway.

Sdduck and Bigshot75 like this.
  9. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Senior Refuge Member

You’re not WRONG... it’s certainly not best practice to leave a gun in your vehicle (unless it’s a handgun that lives in a car safe or something like that). But your attitude is WRONG. People make mistakes, leave something where they shouldn’t, forget to lock their car or their front door. There’s a world of reasons, and you’ll call all of them excuses, but what’s not a mistake is entering a vehicle or property that doesn’t belong to you and taking something out of it. That’s deliberate and that’s the act that deserves condemnation. Maybe if we started giving out 25 years of hard labor for theft instead of blaming the victims things would change... or at the very least the thieves would get what they deserve and come back out the other end too physically broken to ever steal again.

TheDuckSlayer and Allan like this.
  10. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Never said EVER, that someone stealing a firearm from a home or vehicle isn’t a crime. I will say again, leaving a firearm unsecured in a vehicle is irresponsible.

Billy Bob likes this.