CDFW 2022 Waterfowl Breeding Population Survey

blackdog58

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
And…..Keep doing what we’re doing.

CalBaer

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Harvest will still be less than 12% regardless of BPOP. As article mentioned, prolonged drought and habitat is the issue. For example, in the last 3 years combined the total harvest of mallards at LK is probably less than a 1000. Yet, the counts have decreased since the last one was done in 2019. It surely isn’t harvest.

Sprigger 04

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
This state has a carrying capacity for birds, every agricultural move, water issue and overall habitat effect it. Population is low right now and somewhat steady per the survey, honestly don’t see it too much better in the future unless we have multiple years of water above “normal.” I believe in 17 we had a good amount of water and I figured we would have birds around like in years past but it didn’t happen, seems like they need at least a years to catch up. The push of birds we would usually get the first part of December has been non existent, most likely what we would get from Klamath. Talking about mallards…

Burnin_Murnin707

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yep, years of -20% CA mallards…

But some random fi sees a few, all is well!!!
Never said numbers weren’t down..
All the ducks are in decline. I was just sayin to the previous message, lowering it to 3 won’t change that. But I’m just a fi

blackdog58

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Never said numbers weren’t down..
All the ducks are in decline. I was just sayin to the previous message, lowering it to 3 won’t change that. But I’m just a fi
Not what you said. You said, you find them. As well as something about working hard.

Don’t know you, and I wouldn’t say anything about a FI.

And yea, I understand the numbers, science and all that.

Yet, to continue to shoot 100 plus and 7, for 20 plus years, how’s it working ? I understand there are many other, large factors. This is a long going discussion that maybe you’ve read or new too. And….you’re not the only one here that works hard and finds them. Trust me on that.

One thing for sure. Take away days and bag limits, pisses people off. Then maybe some real action happens.

Latest posts