California Flyway Forum Sponsors

CDFW ..... Environmentalist ....

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by HONKSRWORKN, Apr 5, 2020.

1. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

direction Of CDFW in the latest CDFW NEWS LETTER ... Certainly not for hunters all these programs lead to closing areas and new b.s. Legislation ..
    Extinction is forever, but you and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) can join forces to prevent it. Help save California’s native plant and animal species when you file your state income tax making a voluntary contribution to the Rare and Endangered Species Preservation Program and/or the California Sea Otter Fund.

Just enter any dollar amount you wish on line 403 for rare and endangered species and on line 410 for southern sea otters. Money donated by California’s taxpayers supports programs that benefit these at-risk species, while also helping to conserve many other species.

Click to view slideshow.
    Even a small donation will make a difference. Voluntary contributions also help CDFW acquire federal matching funds for efforts to conserve threatened and endangered species and their habitats.

Donations to the Rare and Endangered Species Preservation Program have funded work benefiting California’s imperiled plants, wildlife and fish since 1983, and the funds have enabled CDFW to collaborate with many other organizations to conserve native species. With 311 state-listed species to recover, plus an additional 143 species that are only federally listed, there is much work to be done as we strive to conserve biodiversity and ecosystems.

Recent recovery actions by CDFW and other partners include projects to save giant garter snakes, Santa Cruz long-toed salamanders, foothill yellow-legged frogs, Mohave ground squirrels, riparian brush rabbits and California condors.

2. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Nope I can't wilfully give a penny to an organization looking to take away freedom to save a bug ....

cacklercrazy and theboy like this.
  3. Tommyo

Tommyo Elite Refuge Member

The organization telegraphed this shift with the name change to DFW. I'm sure from Newsom on down the current COvId scenario will be exploited in order to accelerate the issue you present.

7pntail likes this.
  4. Big_Grind

Big_Grind Senior Refuge Member

All I see is a lot of misleading.

cacklercrazy likes this.
  5. Docterduck

Docterduck Elite Refuge Member

The ESA abuse has spawned a whole multi billion dollar industry of Non Government Organizations...NGOs. Two biggies are very active right here in this once great state, the NRDC and the CBD. One more recently I have come to despise is the Y2Y! They are on a quest to control the Rocky Mountain Crest from the Yellowstone to the Yukon...Y2Y. They are an insidious lot many of which sew and settle and make millions!

6. deltahunter

deltahunter Senior Refuge Member

Things shifted with the name change. While the dept said it wouldn't change the mission it clearly did. No longer is the focus on providing for or being held accountable to the hunters and fisherman of this state. Sad to see. This is just another example of the shift. I believe the shift is more of an uppper management thing than something rank and file is on board with. That will change over time though as new employees reflect more of the non consumptive population in this state. The shift has been going on for a while and in another 10 years you may not even recognize what used to be the CDFG.

7pntail, API and Swampy like this.
  7. Red foot

Red foot Elite Refuge Member

I have a lot of experience with CBD, NRDC, Sierra Club and others. They involve themselves negatively in many construction projects until they get some method of contract, then they magically disappear from the proceedings.

8. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Wow with so many negative responses towards the CDFW , how can these Officers function ? I believe their intent becoming one was sincere to protect our
    natural resources , wildlife and fisheries but somehow been directed to run off as many Sportsmen as possible enforcing outrageous laws that take away
    our freedoms and making the Outdoors so costly a parent or Grandparent can't pass along what our ancestors have taught us .....it's a SAD state to live in !

9. sacbob

sacbob Elite Refuge Member

I don't think that first sentence is true at all and I was pretty close to the action. Most younger employees saw an environmental protection role for the Department not a facilitator role for hunting and fishing, especially not hunting.
    I think your last statement is probably true.

freefall likes this.
  10. deltahunter

deltahunter Senior Refuge Member

I’ve been “pretty close to the action” for a long time as well. It’s changed quite a bit but I’ll stick with it has been more of an upper management thing. Yes it is changing but there are still a lot of rank and file people that support hunting and fishing and are hunters and fisherman. There are a some new employees with the tree hugger attitude but I wouldn’t say most.