Century Link

waterswatter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of crooks. I'm supposed to get 5 mbps and have been getting 3 or 4 for several years now. I cancelled last month and got another bill this month. Just spent 25 minutes on the phone with them and their verbal, over the phone cancellation code has not showed up on my texts or e mail. Several of my friends warned me that cancelling with Century Link is a total pain and it is. :mad:

2eagles

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I want to quit them because I loose connections several times a day. Problem is I don’t have a better affordable alternative.

waterswatter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I just got the cancellation text on my phone. I opened it up and it is:

A link full of advertisements!! :doh:mad:

OKhunter

Refuge Member
Reaction score
You get 5 Mb/s??? I only get 3! It's our only option though, so oh well. They did just get bought out by a company called Bright Speed. We will see if there any improvements.

IV Hunt

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
They are all PIA's.

Long ago, we were wrestling with one of our providers, and I didn't know our PW.
Asked the wife. She said it's "TheDifficult1"

Jawbreaker

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain with century link. How in the h**^ can most business have to deal with govt reg after govt reg, and the century link crooks of the world get away with all of their bs ??

BJH

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
The cable/internet in our town has it monopolized. You can get Dish or similar, but expensive & doesn’t work worth a crap. I like when l go to a store like Sams/Walmart & they’re trying to sign you up AT&T or something other than phones, l say I’m from Staunton, they say ok ‘n turn away. The cable, internet & phone company keeps selling more speed. Only another $10! I chuckle’n tell them they haven’t reached the last speed increase! Our phone (land line), cable & internet run around $225.00. And that’s a packaged deal, no extras!

Latest posts