Changes to HIP Certification

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by DComeaux, May 11, 2020.

1. Manoduk

Manoduk Senior Refuge Member

Bill, I under stand that and I really was trying to not go there for obvious reasons. Would be another point of contention. Hope you understand.

2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

That's the standard in about every state I've bought online since HIP and online were available.

3. ducaholic

ducaholic Elite Refuge Member

To the contrary I get your point. The two dollars is assurance that the data is collected correctly and for processing by a third party. If you are arguing that the money allocated in the previous method was not used correctly then yes I would agree with your contention. It was a voluntary procedure that was a sham and the data was and will be skewed by hunters who don't buy in to the process which was in part the reason for my rant. I'm not at all offended. I do appreciate your passion. I'll be 60.00 in October. When do I get a 5.00 dollar license...lol

4. Manoduk

Manoduk Senior Refuge Member

Indeed, we really aren’t that far apart. In a previous post I mention that this really in text has much to do about nothing. I believe HIP is an attempt to appease a small segment of people who want to shut down hunting and take away our guns. IMHO. HIP may have some good intentions but the data is flawed and always will be flawed regardless who/how the data is collected. Right are wrong in most hunters opinion it’s a joke, therein lies the problem. I’m sure the biologist could use that money in a more advantageous effort.
    I’m sure there will come a day (soon) that I will be too old to hunt/fish and will wish I cared enough to complain.
    By the way, it is with GREAT PRIDE I walk up to the young lady (60) at Academy and tell her I need an old mans fishing/hunting License. $5. Best deal in town.
    You have a great day!

Last edited: May 21, 2020