California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Check Station Reports? How did it go ?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by DuckFan, Oct 24, 2020.

1. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

Not my experience today. There was NO PA announcement for our refuge to start reservations and nothing on the radio. Instead of being # 4 we ended up being # 13 because I saw people going in...

2. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Don't hold back Robert...we all need to know what to be aware of.. nobody wants a hunt ruined and more so when a Jr is in tow...

DuckFan likes this.
  3. freefall

I don’t want to publicly come across as pooping on anyone or the staff at any particular refuge... nor am I telling anyone what to do. I’d just say I didnt have a great experience today relying on the staff to convey information through the FM channel OR the PA system. That led to us not getting in as we should have. I now understand why guys wait by the check station.... I know I’ll be one of them in the future.

Not to mention the complete lack of information I was given pre reservations being called about the refuge we were at. Pretty basic information BTW. I honestly do not understand how the staff at these refuges know nothing about them. It’s not hard In the era of E Mail as a manager to relay information to your staff so they can answer basic questions.

4. Ducksquasher

Ducksquasher New Member

What is the "FM Channel" thing all about?

5. freefall

Today it was the F Me channel...

The refuges are now making announcements via FM radio in your car to reduce the number of people outside their vehicles at check in.

JRS likes this.
  6. Ducksquasher

Ducksquasher New Member

Where do you get the channels for each specific refuge? My season will start in a few weeks so good to know in advance.

Thanks!

7. Foiles_fan

Foiles_fan Elite Refuge Member

Gray lodge went pretty smooth considering the amount of people. I had no issues with pre registration or getting my permits. They checked lic, ressies and passes.

8. Drifly

Drifly Senior Refuge Member

Hunted Delevan for the opener. I went in the loto with a friend and his son. I think most everyone was good and wore a mask when around the check station. Unfortunately we didn’t get a good number and didn’t get out until 1:00. Got a pond that shot 20 ducks in the AM but we only shot 1 spoonie in the afternoon. The mosquitos were thick on the way out.

freefall likes this.
  9. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Elite Refuge Member

Drak
    drake or hen

JuvieCoot likes this.
  10. DuckFan

DuckFan Elite Refuge Member

Got your message. Will get back to you this week