Chevy wheel bearings

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I've got a wide variety of hardware and fasteners--nuts/bolts/screws/nails/drywall anchors/wire/etc--around the house, but more often than not I still have to run to the dang hardware store when doing a project.
i went through every nut, bolt, fastener, etc in the garage during covid and organized everything in bins and labeled them. I never buy just one of something and rarely find myself needing to drive down to the hardware store regularly. also picked up a couple of the nut and bolt sizers like they have in the hardware store for metric and standard to help determine the correct thread size at times. even did a once over on my big double rolling tool chest and took everything back out and reorganized it putting small strips of magnetic strips and then made labels to go on them to show what is in each drawer. works pretty good unless someone else in the house like or daughters go in there and don't return chit or put it back at all or lend stuff out to family, friends or neighbors and don't write down what they lent out. I get pretty pizzed when I spend good money on tools and it isn't where it belongs when I need it or have to go tracking it down. I will lend the shirt off my back but expect you to return it when you say you will and and not have to hound you down for something.

going to back to the thread, most of manufacturers have gone to one piece wheel hub assemblies now and even full hub assemblies that are non serviceable or difficult to replace individual things on the inside. I figure you lucky to get 100k out of most depending on the quality or driving you do and size of tires. i didn't find any difference in buying OEM versus MOOG or anything else in terms of longevity.

HaydenHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not a rag on Chevy but I had no idea the front wheel brgs on a 2005 Silverado 2wd 1/2 ton are nonreplaceable. You got to buy the entire hub assy with studs if your brgs go out. It must have something to do with the ABS speed sensors?
Hey waterswatter,

I am cleaning up my garage and ran across a couple of new in box Timken SP580310 Wheel bearing / hub combos that I got out of a place when my tenant moved out. They are brand new in box. I don't know whether they will fit your half ton truck or not but I will make you a hell of a deal if they do.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=timken+sp580310

waterswatter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hey waterswatter,

I am cleaning up my garage and ran across a couple of new in box Timken SP580310 Wheel bearing / hub combos that I got out of a place when my tenant moved out. They are brand new in box. I don't know whether they will fit your half ton truck or not but I will make you a hell of a deal if they do.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=timken+sp580310

Thanks Hayden,

I'm tempted but chances are, it'll sit on my shelf for a long time and I'm trying to get rid of stuff.