Cheyenne Bottoms New rules

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Mallets, May 7, 2021.

1. BlackLegendGauge

BlackLegendGauge Senior Refuge Member

Is Cheney hunted hard?

That's one of the fisheries I frequent in KS. Thought of fowl hunting it. Crazy how shallow most of that thing is.

2. Mike0311

Mike0311 Senior Refuge Member

Bet if they still allowed air boats we wouldn't see so much of an issue with cattails.

3. Mike0311

Probably.

4. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

4A was functionally non-motorized other than the ditch next to the road this year anyways since it was kept at or below 6 inches for the entire season. You could maybe, maybe get a 1436 with a long tail halfway into the pool if you kept on the throttle, but good luck getting it back out. That’s a long push back to the ditch.

5. BlackLegendGauge

BlackLegendGauge Senior Refuge Member

Lot of boats out there that will draft 2-4 inches and most of these boys slap on enough *** to turn CB into soup. The ones that run them in that coastal mud and travel to CB would laugh at this.

Now I have seen the guys out there with mod v's putt through at WOT but CB is nothing to be afraid of. Hell I have had a 1636 with 3 220#+ men, 115# dog, all our gear boogie right through everything with a 6.5hp long tail lol

$20k + rigs will just eat if there is 2" water there.

6. Mike0311

I'm thinking a jet ski with a weed guard and maybe tie a jet sled to the back would be the way to go in some of the deeper pools.

7. Marshwalker

Marshwalker Senior Refuge Member

ya I can’t afford a boat that’s it;)

8. Mike0311

But are you willing to buy one?

9. Marshwalker

Marshwalker Senior Refuge Member

so you all are saying that someone who doesn’t want boats there would and rather have a less pressure style boat like layout boat for hunting doesn’t love the sport? ... money doesn’t always buy ducks. Ducks need food water and rest. You take more out of that of the equation with mud motors buzzing around the marsh.

as would I buy a boat... hahaha I’ve more boats than you have in career. Here is my latest build. I pick it up from a custom builder in TX next week. Custom jet for shallow rivers and a custom 4x4 trailer for desert roads. No boat ramps where I go. As for love of the sport take money out of your equation. Reason Sitka doesn’t make you kill more ducks.

paint for boat in a week!! First trailer of its kind. No axle. I’ll have way more in it than your lawnmower engine boat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CAF and KSU86 like this.
  10. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

I dunno, I was there, with a boat light and powerful enough to run in 4A, but I didn't because I didn't want to end up stuck once I got off the gas and neither did any of the 20k+ boats. We all piled into 4B instead. Heard some stories of those 20k+ rigs getting stuck in 4A though... coastal/tidal "mud" which is really just a foot of thick dirty water and Kansas clay bottom are very different things IMO.

Won't matter in 2021-22, because nobody's gonna be able to go fast enough to stay above the mud in 4A anyways if they keep it shallow again.