Cheyenne Bottoms New rules

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Mallets, May 7, 2021.

1. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

You've never hunted CB, have you.

Oh, you killed a goose in 4B? One goose? When, 2007?

It's clear that you have very limited knowledge of CBWMA. That lack of experience explains some of your earlier statements. I get it now...... :tu

2. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

Good info....I haven't played the jet game in a while. I had been thinking of another jet boat recently....for fishing those rivers only, not duck hunting.

That rock ejector would be a good add on.

3. BlackLegendGauge

BlackLegendGauge Senior Refuge Member

Plural** Geese.

Its a "goose" spot.

I am sorry if my lack of experience blew up spots that took you 20 years to find. CB birds like tight to medium size holes adjacent to big water that are 2/3-3/4 of the way open on the edges. They don't seem to duck, no pun intended, into areas that are surrounded on all 4 sides by cattails (edit: visual blocking vegetation and not just limited to cattails) unless its midnight and the are roosting. This could be because of how they are hunted there and that attributes to the ducks per hunter I imagine.

Yellow mark is for Pintails. When they are there my group has shot several there, multiple times.

Red is for divers, anything from buffle heads to canvasbacks BUT especially canvasbacks.

Blue is a great mix of big ducks. Mallards, gaddies, spoonies and the occasional pin. Do I have a mallard hole there? No. But again my trips are predicated on pre planning. Rain, shine, sleet, freeze, it doesn't matter. If I plan on going then I am there.

The blue dot on the very east side of 4b close to the ramp you ask? WE HAMMER THEM when there is ice. In fact, the whole thing doesn't even have to be locked up. If its still open in the middle but all of the smaller water is frozen we still walk out as far as we can, as it is a little mushy there, and put on a clinic.

Honestly I think I have only been there once or twice on a good push and stacked up a ton of mallards, 1st trip is always around Halloween. But if I want to shoot mallards Id just wait for the January red legs to hit my cornfields...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  4. Tuleman

That story tells me it's based on very limited experience at CBWMA.

Oh, and how long since I waded in? Not sure why that would be pertinent to this discussion, but it's been awhile.
    Last time was December 4, 2020 to be exact.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  5. BlackLegendGauge

Laugh all you want...

I kill your ducks when I am there.

6. Tuleman

Then whose ducks am I killing??

7. BlackLegendGauge

I was asked about my spots and have nothing to hide.

Unlike many guys on here I have been very open about saying hey and meeting up while I am there. My trips are usually Halloween and Thanksgiving.

I could look into other states, OK, AR, NE, and test my luck there but I enjoy CB AND I know it well enough to kill my limit so I continue to go back.

Just don't get upset when I am waiting at the boat ramp for you to finish your limit....

8. Tuleman

Don't give up so soon. Next season you'll have until 1PM to finish.

9. BlackLegendGauge

I have never been one for giving up

10. BlackLegendGauge