California Flyway Forum Sponsors

child abuse

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by OFH, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Elite Refuge Member

Ha ha, i can see him on his way to Burger King.

callinfowl likes this.
  2. Haymaker

Haymaker Refuge Member

It’s a blessing and curse at the same time some days but they are all good days when he goes with me, my dad never hunted but I was hooked on the first trip I went on with a family friend the last picture is my sons first hunt when he was 5 and now he’s hooked on goosebellies (specks). He’s now 8 and is counting days till he can take the hunters

Attached Files:

3. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

HAHAHAHAHA. This one made me laugh out loud. My boy is 7 now he knows our blind snacks are "our little secret" as he is particularly fond of a pack of skittles right about at shoot time followed by some spicy duck sticks from Saunders Meats. I usually catch him sneaking a sprite out of the club fridge too, give him a little wink now ..... he knows..... "BOYS CLUB SECRET."

4. Canyoncrosser

Canyoncrosser Senior Refuge Member

Saunders sticks fed Masons baseballs team all season long, But at 10 bucks a pound now I don’t know if we will keep that up!

Brottboss and freefall like this.
  5. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

I had 25 lbs last month .... I now have 5 :dv

Brottboss likes this.
  6. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

Most of us managed to do pretty good, even if it took some 3 tries.:l:l:l

Brottboss likes this.
  7. cacklercrazy

cacklercrazy Senior Refuge Member

A lesson for many on here. It's not only about killing birds. Some of the best days in the field don't have anything to do with killing limits.

Brottboss, Sweatliner and Ratdaddy like this.
  8. BR Gunner07

BR Gunner07 Elite Refuge Member

What a day! Not everyday can you share the blind with a 95 year old veteran. I can only hope I’m around that long, let alone able to make it out to the blind. You’re an inspiration to all hunters to be able to live a life as you have Pete!

My son and I enjoyed every minute of the hunt. You know, same can be said for taking out your parents and grandparents. Maybe even if it takes a little forcing to get them in the blind with a gun or no gun.

I still have the best memories of taking out my grandpa up until he was 89 years old who shot a limit of ducks at blind 3 at Delevan his last year. Oh what I would do to be able to hunt that blind one last time. Was painful when they eliminated it.

Here’s to you Pete! Thanks for the great times and great stories!!! :tu

Cheers!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  9. OFH

OFH Elite Refuge Member

The real, real pleasure was seeing that wonderful father-son relationship both in the blind and out, and the truly independent spirit you have instilled in that great kid. I'd love to be around when he shoots his first bird, but that probably ain't in the cards.
    I'll always be grateful to you for the times we have had together at your place, your inspirational calling and shooting, and the boundless love and energy you keep pouring into that beautiful place to make it even more beautiful. They will stay for me 'til I swirl the drain, so thank you, thank you.

10. Sweatliner

Sweatliner Elite Refuge Member

One of the best posts on here in a while. Glad you got out Pete and how cool to share the blind with your son and another father son duo. 91 years between age groups is great to see