California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Christmas break with my son

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Dakillaofnada, Dec 31, 2020.

1. green with ring

green with ring Elite Refuge Member

X 2 what everyone else has said.

2. Sweatliner

Sweatliner Elite Refuge Member

Everything that’s right about hunting in those pics. Just awesome. They’ll never forget it. Passing it on to the next generation. Does not get better. Well done

3. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Elite Refuge Member

Every boy (imo) needs a beginning with a BB gun...I was very lucky my grandfather had a 220 ranch, so I could roam and shoot it all day long. Not too many these days have such a luxury.

Nice photos! He will remember these days like I am as I write watching my dad hunt ducks, while I sat next to him asking a thousand questions.

green with ring likes this.
  4. AzSprig

AzSprig Elite Refuge Member

Priceless !!!

yellowlabhunter likes this.
  5. feetdown7

feetdown7 Senior Refuge Member

Outstanding pics! Thanks for sharing. Hope it’s just the beginning of many days like that for you guys

6. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Tough to get genuine smiles like those... Bet nobody had to say "cheese."

Great adventure there!

7. lo-base larry

lo-base larry Senior Refuge Member

Pictures made my day. Puts life into this forum. These family stories are the best. I'll bet those little guys had their best day ever.

8. Dakillaofnada

Dakillaofnada Elite Refuge Member

I
    I wish I could post videos of the the two buggers. Some of the banter that was taking place was solid gold. Especially on the difference of what really is a greenhead lol.
    I have to say I was pretty impressed with my son the first day. We had sailed a snow a couple of checks over. I thought it had piled up dead. We got done and loaded up the trailer on the back of the quad. We went down the road, dropped off the trailer at the end of the check and drove through the disked field.. I spotted the snow, thought it was dead, got about 20 yards from it and it pops up and starts flying to the check barely getting off the ground. I go to grab the gun off the front basket.. crud it’s in the trailer.. without thinking I take off after the goose and yell at my son to take the quad back to trailer and grab the gun case. He takes off.. wait a second.. he has never driven my quad.. there he goes, bouncing through the plowed field. 5 mins later back with my gun.. I asked him how in the heck did you know how to even start the quad let alone drive it?? He answers .. I know a lot of stuff dad.. and I watched you this morning.. I have to say it was a pretty great moment. Let him take over and drive me and the trailer out .

9. Drifly

Drifly Senior Refuge Member

Enjoy every minute with them. I’m taking my youngest son to college tomorrow so we’ll be empty nesters for the first time in 26 years. It seems like it was just yesterday they were the same age as these boys sloshing around the refuges and now they are gone.

thanks for sharing the great pictures

Drifly

OGblackcloud and green with ring like this.
  10. blackdog58

blackdog58 Elite Refuge Member

Quad.....awesome story.