Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Climate Change

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by SCREENER, Feb 26, 2020.

1. SCREENER

SCREENER Senior Refuge Member

There has been talk in the US elections about climate change.Let me tell you about the Canadian experience.Our Federal Gov. believes to combat change is to impovse a carbon tax.CO-2 comes from burning fuels.So all gasoline prices include a 5 cent tax per litre,about 17 cents per gallon.I don"t have a problem paying this as long as everyone pays it also.When the Minister was asked whether AirCanada would be paying this on their fuels was that they would not because they had to make our companies competitive.My question would be then what is so important about change if you are putting profits ahead of it?What the general public doesn"t know is that business doesn"t pay this tax, and gets a rebate on the 43 cents PST they pay on fuels.One wonders why the reporters in Canada don"t bring up these issuses,the reason is if you offend the Gov. you would be blacklisted and your done.The Gov. says this tax will be revenue nuetral.If thats the case why bother do it.thats the grift.The fine print.Needless to say it is a tax grab that the ordinary taxpayer is paying and will not do anything for the world.Be thankfull Trump could see that.Be forewarned about climate change.Austraila just had terrible fires.The amount of CO2 released must be huge.Do you think that they will be paying the billions owed for this release/Not likely.I don"t believe anyone has even raised the question.If climate change is that important why has anyone mentioned it.It comes down to money and who you are.My 2 cys.

2. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

You mean Canada has tax codes written by crooks to favor the extraordinarily wealthy and large corporations?
    Thanks goodness we have nothing of the sort here in the states!

3. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Dang. And Canadians seem so nice.

KENNEDY63 likes this.
  4. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

Putin has finally discovered his social media silver bullet to hacking the 2020 election....and behold, it's the Fuge!

5. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

Anybody who believes you can change the climate by paying more taxes is an idiot.

6. mallardhunter

mallardhunter Elite Refuge Member

This ^^

salthunter and Fowler267 like this.
  7. Mr. Chokesonducks

Mr. Chokesonducks Elite Refuge Member

I'm an idiot.

yankeegray likes this.
  8. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

I think the carbon tax should be used to mitigate historical wetlands back in the prairie pothole region
    Recreate forests from rangeland and farm ground

9. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

I can think of at least 2-3 site “users” that I wouldn’t be one bit surprised to learn are GOP social media plants or election bots lol

10. burgawboy

burgawboy Elite Refuge Member

You do usually state the obvious.