Coastal/West zone opener reports?

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by Out of focus, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Out of focus

Out of focus Elite Refuge Member

I’m just watching college game day awaiting the East zone opener. What are y’all killing? Good or bad opener?

2. oleww

oleww Senior Refuge Member

3. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Nearly all teal and jacks with just a scattering of grays, pins and wigeon for our SWLA marsh, but everyone had plenty of shooting. Which doesn't mean tomorrow and, especially the weekdays to follow won't stink...

Out of focus likes this.
  4. Tucan

Tucan Senior Refuge Member

worst opener in 10 years guns silent after 715 am. 2 birds killed outta 5 seen.

5. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Feel like that Nostadumbarse guy: our scads of teal done left the building already. (14 birds, mostly jacks, for 3 guns made ours the "big" hunt.)

6. BGcorey

BGcorey Senior Refuge Member

Mostly teal killed but seems we saw just as many grays flying high, happily surprised

7. Gmack

Gmack Senior Refuge Member

Stayed local and went on "coot shoots" Saturday and Sunday. Saturday morning was crazy with someone letting off several hundred dollars of fireworks at 5am. First shots started just after ...... legal shooting time was 5:56 I believe. I brought my older soon who is 9. He doesn't have experience with a shotgun yet so he brought his pellet rifle. He didn't get lucky, but I shot a limit of pool d'eau and my one dosgris. Sunday morning I brought my younger son who is 6. About 30 minutes into sitting in the blind his BB gun went for a swim and now rests on the bottom of the lake. Same results, shot my limit of pool d'eau and 1 dosgris. Good times had. My shoulder is killing me. Don't remember shooting hurting so much!
    2020-11-14_08-51-01_892.jpg Untitled1.jpg 2020-11-15_13-31-44_220.jpg

Out of focus likes this.
  8. JJVizinat

JJVizinat Senior Refuge Member

Shot 4 mallard drakes this morning on the East Zone Veterans Day hunt. Only had one other party duck hunting, nice to have the woods to yourself. Didn’t take a bunch of pics Bc a big front came through that brought a bunch of rain at 8am. Did take a video I’ll post later.

Out of focus likes this.
  9. JJVizinat

JJVizinat Senior Refuge Member

Only one I got on video. Video makes him look a lot further than he is.

GHK, Gmack and Out of focus like this.
  10. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Bud’s camp got wiped out by Laura, et al....but plenty of teal, smileys, greys....along with a smattering of mallards, divers, and mottleds. Limits by 6:30-6:45 both mornings, and back to working on the camp by 7:30.