Washington Flyway Forum Sponsors

Coffee blend

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by NWRINGNECK, Feb 15, 2021.

1. NWRINGNECK

NWRINGNECK Elite Refuge Member

I can drink any coffee from Cowboy coffee in camp to yuppie coffee at an espresso stand. I drink very little coffee at home (cup
    or two a week) but when I want a cup I use a single serve coffee pod machine. I've been drinking SB "Pike Place Roast" for several years but looking for something a little milder in taste. I drink it black .. nothing added .. just coffee. So anyone have favorite that fits that taste (mild but a nice coffee taste) that I could try?

This is probably like asking about a choice in whisky but thought I'd ask anyway. :)

Not trying to debate coffee brands or trying to bash SB. Just looking to try another coffee with out just shooting in the dark.

2. mrbill

mrbill Elite Refuge Member

You might want to try Green Mountain brand Sumatra Reserve or Tully’s Costa Rica.

3. NWRINGNECK

Thanks mrBill...I should add I'm looking for pods for the machine and hopefully available in grocery stores. Do those fit that criteria?

4. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

On the road Folgers is the richest most flavorful kind...thats instant. Compared to regular k-cup coffee I get wired on instant.

At home she buys k cups that are from the Devils coffee shop..Starbucks.

If you know this lady you're old. 8668_1401646055.jpg

Out of focus likes this.
  5. mrbill

mrbill Elite Refuge Member

The Green mountain does for sure. Drinking some of that now in fact. I’m pretty sure Tully’s does also. If not you might take a look at Peet’s as they have a variety of roasts in the K-cups. Peet’s Major Dickasons is good but might be a little stronger than you are looking for.

6. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

I hate to say it , but I actually quite enjoy McDonald's coffee in the last couple years. Apparently, in Canada, they went to the Tim Horton's coffee source and bought the old recipe , which is much more flavorful than the Tim Horton's current blend, and doesn't taste like an licking an ashtray that Starbucks gives me. Can get them in K-cups and single servings.

7. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Elite Refuge Member

8. NWRINGNECK

Ok that's for the suggestions. Got more than enough to try. It'll take me a while to try them. Thanks again

9. Ruger5555

Ruger5555 Refuge Member

I read on here that toilet coffee is the best :grvn

10. WaterFoulHunter

WaterFoulHunter Senior Refuge Member

Order some Death Wish k-kups. Best coffee I’ve had. Or ditto on the recommend for Peet’s above.