Coincidence ????

George

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sadly the hunters of today are not the hunters of yesterday. The sport has devolved like most everything else in our society. There ain’t turning back enjoy it while you can.

thekillerofmallard

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sadly the hunters of today are not the hunters of yesterday. The sport has devolved like most everything else in our society. There ain’t turning back enjoy it while you can.

Hunters of yesterday Hahaha. I've been in a few fights on fuges in the 70's & 80's. I know the little puzzy's will call the cops on ya now, but more of them need folding.

Mudtoes

Senior Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think those two Adam Henry’s are part of every refuge, they’ve been cloned and just love screwing someone else’s hunt up, as they seem incapable of finding a spot and showing any respect to another hunter. Sorry you got keyed, whether it was them or at another location, WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH PEOPLE!

Calikev

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Other than swan shooters and closed zone hunters things have been pretty good this season on most of the places I hunted this year. Guys have been on their best behavior in terms of crowding, etc. for the entire season. I only had one set of guys trying to get too close this year and after I talked to them they moved back far enough. No complaints on public ground this year from me. I could write a novel on positive experiences but folks would rather talk about the negative ones I guess. It seems to provoke more of the "I don't miss that"......."you guys are crazy for hunting refuges" and "if I had to hunt refuges for ducks I would quit" typical responses.

Personally I prefer public ground. I can come and go as I please no strings attached. Then I choose what circle of folks I can run with. I don't have to deal with club drama or deal with other hunters with permission who think they have exclusive rights. I've seen more drama over goose fields in a few seasons then I ever have seen on refuges and public ground. I also don't have to pay thousands of dollars to sit and stare at empty skies. Mobility and flexibility are worth the price of admission on public ground for me. A couple out of state trips can yield fantastic results and sprinkle that in with public freelance and refuge hunting, well you have yourself a fantastic no drama club with no strings attached.

freefall

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Other than swan shooters and closed zone hunters things have been pretty good this season on most of the places I hunted this year. Guys have been on their best behavior in terms of crowding, etc. for the entire season. I only had one set of guys trying to get too close this year and after I talked to them they moved back far enough. No complaints on public ground this year from me. I could write a novel on positive experiences but folks would rather talk about the negative ones I guess. It seems to provoke more of the "I don't miss that"......."you guys are crazy for hunting refuges" and "if I had to hunt refuges for ducks I would quit" typical responses.

Personally I prefer public ground. I can come and go as I please no strings attached. Then I choose what circle of folks I can run with. I don't have to deal with club drama or deal with other hunters with permission who think they have exclusive rights. I've seen more drama over goose fields in a few seasons then I ever have seen on refuges and public ground. I also don't have to pay thousands of dollars to sit and stare at empty skies. Mobility and flexibility are worth the price of admission on public ground for me. A couple out of state trips can yield fantastic results and sprinkle that in with public freelance and refuge hunting, well you have yourself a fantastic no drama club with no strings attached.

Whole lotta truth in there..........