Coincidence ????

JRS

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I learned long ago that using a spinner was weak, and a crutch…I won’t ever be caught without at least 10 when I’m on the juice…

They’ll kill…

Calikev

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Speaking of crutches:

1500 Snow Goose decoys, with Clones and other motion devices
Ultra Realistic Speck decoys
Jerk rigs
Duck decoys
Swimmers, pulsators, etc.
Duck calls

The list could include tons of stuff as ALL duck hunters need some sort of crutch to help fool the birds. Where some guys draw the lines is their own personal preference but doesn't mean jack squat about what type of hunter they are.

I like using my crutches. It is pretty fun putting the puzzle together sometimes to fool birds. That's what it is all about to me.

Calikev

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Speaking of spinners, since leaving CA I have had much more success with them. Of course I seldom see another hunter
They work. We wouldn't be using them if they didn't. Same with my duck call.

ripline

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
And who needs a damn spinning wing to shoot dux ? I sure dont , wont own one ... a hunter or a shooter ... Not both ..... The shooter , they're a product of those dumb crutches ... Its like i said when they first came out ... These things are gonna make anyone a so called duck hunter and Gonna bring out more idiots into the sport ... they're the worst thing ever IMO
I have always said if you need one to fool ducks into range your no duck hunter your a shooter .... Duck hunters work dux with a call , good hide and great spread ... Old school the right way no spinning wing crutch ... Dont know if y'all may have seen them but I sold stickers yrs ago with a spinning wing anti sign ... cant find a one around anyplace so people had them but it was long , long time ago early 2000s ( Believe it or not Its the Only time i was ever suspended from the forum ... for arguing over spinning wing decoys the ultimate wanna be duck hunter crutch ...
The biggest crutch of all is the duck hunting lease/private clubs that buy up the best hunting ground. It's a huge crutch for the lazy hunter who doesn't know how or want to scout for the birds...
Clubs are the demise of duck hunting across ALL the flyways, making lazy shooters successful because they can pay the man...
Pay to play...

• Haha
Reactions: JRS

Calikev

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The biggest crutch of all is the duck hunting lease/private clubs that buy up the best hunting ground. It's a huge crutch for the lazy hunter who doesn't know how or want to scout for the birds...
Clubs are the demise of duck hunting across ALL the flyways, making lazy shooters successful because they can pay the man...
Pay to play...

There is a pretty long line of crutches:

Paul's Pond - flooded corn - a crutch
Watergrass ponds - a crutch
Rice - a crutch
Camo - a crutch

The list goes on............

DuckFan

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Pay to play...

It’s a new year, but this one may be hard to beat for most ‘ill informed’ statement of the year.

:rolleyes:

ripline

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It’s a new year, but this one may be hard to beat for most ‘ill informed’ statement of the year.

:rolleyes:
Obviously a pay to play kind of hunter!!