Colorado move??

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by trapsht, Oct 23, 2004.

1. trapsht

trapsht New Member

looking for a little help. I'm seriously considering a move from Illinios to colorado within the next year. Luckily for me, I pretty well have free reign on where to live with my career. However, i don't know anything about waterfowling in colorado. Do you see a lot of birds? Are there certain parts of the state that are better?? Thanks

2. Renegade

Renegade Senior Refuge Member

Come on over. I am leaving so there has got to be some room.:l

East of the mountains will yield you more of a population of birds but also more people. The goose hunting is hard to beat if you can ditch the crowds and secure private land which is do-able but tough or expensive .. Birds get real edumacated but the right places and the right rig, you can slay em. State lands are crowded to say the least but the farther east you go, the less people. The West side is nice but there are less birds as well as less people. If I were going to be doing it all over and could pick and choose,,, I would set up on the West side and have a blast....

Good Luck

3. EMan

EMan Senior Refuge Member

No birds or jobs. Just too many people.:eek:

4. DA

DA Senior Refuge Member

I'd be thinking twice trap, these Colorado folk like to shoot birds on the water. No joke. You might wanna check out Idaho.

5. Renegade

Renegade Senior Refuge Member

6. wooduckman

wooduckman Senior Refuge Member

First off...I dont know where that came from.

And Second off....what does that have to do with the # of birds and hunting opprotunities here?? Puts birds in the bag either way..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: