California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Come on Vets

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by thekillerofmallard, Feb 13, 2021.

1. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member

Dam really alcohol and hunting don't mix. I'm guessing but at 100 yards you can't tell a decoy from a live bird you should be in a bar.

freefall likes this.
  2. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

I guess that's kind of my point also... Hard to find another vet that you can click with and is safe..

Blasting decoys..:scratch:scratch I bet the sun was in their eyes...:doh

freefall likes this.
  3. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

I can promise you that the stupidest of people I’ve encountered in life wore a military uniform :dv This is why NCO’s are so important & why “behavior modification” & “training moments” take place. Even at the highest levels of military units there’s a physical price to be paid to your brothers if you screw the pooch. Rank has no bearing in such matters as well.

4. black&blueshoulder

black&blueshoulder Elite Refuge Member

Same here, I love my time out there just me and the dowg. Sunday afternoon was really special

Sweatliner, Brottboss and freefall like this.
  5. lo-base larry

lo-base larry Senior Refuge Member

Put in for 5 refuges both days and didn't get drawn so with my son we improvised. Hunted both days and not only enjoyed very minute but every second. Thank you ca. dept. of fish and wildlife and especially my son Steve. Would have had to quit hunting years ago without him.

Sweatliner, TealMan, DuckFan and 6 others like this.
  6. candafish

candafish Senior Refuge Member

I definitely appreciated the camping getting opened up! we took advantage of it both weekends and it was great. there was a lot more activity and camping during the junior weekend and it was awesome to see a lot of the different kids interacting and maybe even a little ribbing and boasting after the hunt. in all honestly i don't want to gripe about the under utilization of the refuges to much, especially with my current luck of drawing a ressie somewhere. kinda nice getting in the lottery and still having half the refuge to choose from.