Commission meeting Thursday March 31 in Topeka (waterfowl workshop)

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree completely with that forking Dec. full moon.....and allow me to add:

I will pay gas money to anyone who puts a program together, to present to their wildlife commission, stating that any split, or season in general, needs to be guided by moon phase. :l:l:l

I only require the date and time, and the ability to record the reaction. :yes

golden boy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Send $80 to

i did that
123 they looked at me funny avenue
neverwillhappen, Kansas 66215

ED Vanderbeck

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well it has come to this been trying to call bidrowsky for 2 weeks and he will not return my calls have let several voice mails I guess this is how there are only 100 squeaky wheels just ignore them and not return their calls I am disappointed in the waterfowl biologist playing these kind of games I guess he is all in on the fuzzy math just ignore anyone who does not agree with the agenda you are pushing down our throats.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it has come to this been trying to call bidrowsky for 2 weeks and he will not return my calls have let several voice mails I guess this is how there are only 100 squeaky wheels just ignore them and not return their calls I am disappointed in the waterfowl biologist playing these kind of games I guess he is all in on the fuzzy math just ignore anyone who does not agree with the agenda you are pushing down our throats.

I wish that guy's name was Birdowsky, and not Bidrowsky.....this chit would be a lot funnier. :l:l

ED Vanderbeck

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well he called me back today over 2 weeks after the fact had a good chat would not give me a answer on why 1100 acres at neosho dictates the entire se zone seasons when 20 counties make up the se zone as far as moving the split to week of full moon in December said he was hearing a lot of people mentioning this sounded interesting to look in to

Greenhead Caller

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well he called me back today over 2 weeks after the fact had a good chat would not give me a answer on why 1100 acres at neosho dictates the entire se zone seasons when 20 counties make up the se zone as far as moving the split to week of full moon in December said he was hearing a lot of people mentioning this sounded interesting to look in to
Sounds positive. Can you explain more why neosho is dictating the season? Do the ducks get there earlier?

kansascutter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sounds positive. Can you explain more why neosho is dictating the season? Do the ducks get there earlier?
It’s all about kill numbers. Area managers love high kill numbers as it looks like they’re doing a good job to their supervisor, the commissioners, and the secretary. No doubt alot of them are doing a good job with the resources they have.

It’s alot easier to tally high kill numbers when hunters, (mostly NRs at Neosho) can pad those stats with Spoonies, teal, and Gadwalls during early November. January Mallards are tougher as you know I’m sure, and the bird per hunter average drops as a whole. It’s all part of the Fuzzy Math that this state is known for.

Greenhead Caller

Refuge Member
Reaction score
It’s all about kill numbers. Area managers love high kill numbers as it looks like they’re doing a good job to their supervisor, the commissioners, and the secretary. No doubt alot of them are doing a good job with the resources they have.

It’s alot easier to tally high kill numbers when hunters, (mostly NRs at Neosho) can pad those stats with Spoonies, teal, and Gadwalls during early November. January Mallards are tougher as you know I’m sure, and the bird per hunter average drops as a whole. It’s all part of the Fuzzy Math that this state is known for.
Thanks. Yes I do. Thanks. The crazy thing over the past few years is we are still killing greenwing teal in late January near MDC.

I appreciate the explanation guys.

ED Vanderbeck

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
They get early brown ducks but with unrelenting pressure they leave and then we wait sometimes for a month or more to see more birds so essentially we waste from a week to s month or more with the early start and no one can justify why 1100 acres at Neosho is driving the seasons in the se zone when it consists of 20 counties involved. I would love to hear good science based answer that is good for the entire zone not just a small portion. When we see huge pushes early it's because weather moves them which is not the normal in most cases 2 years ago It was 40 inches of snow in october in north Dakota when they average less than 6 inches kinda funny Oklahoma is saying the birds are getting there about 30 days later than traditional dates. ok who is right 1 is right 1 is using fuzzy math you decide

Latest posts