Concealed Carry Weapon

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by ARHHH4, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:58 PM.

1. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Senior Refuge Member

Gonna finally take my ccl class. Dunno if this is the right place to post this thread or not, but what do y'all recommend i get for packin? Quite a few guys i work with have said a hammerless .38 revolver with around a 2" barrel. Appreciate your help gentlemen.

2. Chesapeakecody

Chesapeakecody Senior Refuge Member

So I was recently in your position, I went with the Sig P365 and I have to say that I am blown away by this little guy! (not literally) lol
    Its incredibly accurate for its size and conceals amazingly. I highly Suggest you look into it.

ARHHH4, TEAM_US, ronaldo and 2 others like this.
  3. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Yeah I think you post your questions in the wrong forum , this forum pertains to Shotguns and recipes for reloading all the Rambo stuff has it's own forum !

Tuleman likes this.
  4. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Figure out how you want to carry, when you want to carry and what you will be wearing most of the times you are carrying. A hammerless 38 is not a bad choice. I run a 9mm semi auto compact. I am good to 30 feet.

ARHHH4 likes this.
  5. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Senior Refuge Member

U Moderator??

6. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

For a small cc gun, I'll second the sig p365. Pretty impressed with the accuracy out of the thing. Also it's a small double stack, only one that I am aware off. Could be others.

ARHHH4, ronaldo and THEIRCOMMITED10 like this.
  7. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |Moderator Fishing|Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

Smaller is defiantly better because you will likely carry more and frequently than a big heavy gun .. but too small is hard to get a good purchase on and be accurate .

A good small-er to midsize in 9mm or 45acp is about right in my opinion . My best advice is try as many as you can , because the right carry gun / holster combo can take several tries until you find your sweet spot .

If you like Glock , the 43 or 26 is hard to beat . Many like the 19 but it’s getting on the bigger end of the spectrum If you like 1911s .45 acp the smaller 3” guns are really sweet , shoot well , and reliable . Good luck with your search .

ARHHH4 likes this.
  8. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

The only thing I'm acquainted with as a Moderator is , when he tells me I'm outline.....sorry !

9. duckman54

duckman54 Senior Refuge Member

I'll second the Sig P365, picked one up when they came out and really like it. Great pistol for
    concealed carry, got some extra capacity mags with it which gives you 12+1. That's a lot of ammo
    for such a small pistol. I also like it much better than my Kahr PM9 that I previously used.

ARHHH4, ronaldo and THEIRCOMMITED10 like this.
  10. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Senior Refuge Member

I went the pocket .380 for a few years, but have settled on a Kahr CW9 single stack 9mm.

But it doesn’t matter what I carry, or my brother, your neighbor, or your coworkers.

What matters is what works for you. What do you shoot well. What do feel like you can safely carry. What can you conceal on your person easily, that doesn’t weigh 18lbs.

Keys I found... you will buy a lot of holsters. Finding one you like is important. Dont stop practicing just because you passed your test. Buy your pants 2” larger than normal. If you wear a 34” normally buy 36” if you plan to waistband carry. Get a good belt. Make your family aware and respect their houses. If they ask you not to carry in their houses, don’t.

I’m sure I am missing a lot of pointers. Good luck with your class and your search.

ARHHH4 likes this.