Cops on the prowl this weekend

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by Bclick, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Bclick

Bclick Elite Refuge Member

Alot of radar being run, budgets must be tight. Be careful and safe out there.

2. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

Lots of checkpoints too

3. Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson Elite Refuge Member

Not in this state there isn’t. Unconstitutional BS is what they are.

pointblind, Banded1 and Bclick like this.
  4. dmark

dmark Senior Refuge Member

Always a lot of radar/laser monitoring on 4th of July/Memorial Day/ Labor Day weekends. Especially in Fondy Co WI, we have a stretch of I-41 called radar hill. Very frequent to check 40 + OWI types. Usually, the county gets a grant to cover the costs for the Holiday period.

5. Thinblueline

Thinblueline Senior Refuge Member

I will tell you as a matter of fact, your average rank and file officer gets no pleasure in pulling over generally law abiding citizens for relatively minor traffic offenses such as speeding. Of course there are some cops that seem to get off on it, but your average cop does not. Rank and file cops are routinely reminded by their superiors that traffic enforcement is a part of their job that they have to embrace to some extent….or else. I would go so far as to call it an ever present pressure on patrol officers. Traffic enforcement stats are one of the few “measurables” by which superiors can judge an officer’s performance, and administrations have gotten creative in finding ways to make their officers increase their production, in sort of an end around on illegal quotas. To the point, if an officer isn’t “producing” in some category to the department’s expected standard, it could lead to performance improvement plans, which ultimately could lead to discipline. I know a lot of officers feel like they’re in a tough spot now days. On one side, police administrations want more traffic enforcement production out of their patrol officers for various reasons, while the media portrays from the other side that the country is becoming increasingly suspicious and distrustful of them. That makes it tough on these guys and gals. I just thought I’d give a little inside perspective so all my waterfowl hunting brethren out there don’t take things too personal.

6. Bclick

Bclick Elite Refuge Member

At least youre honest. Ive heard plenty of cops over the years say they were under no pressure on traffic quot...err traffic enforcement production.

Be safe

7. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

Keep it with in reason and you have nothing to worry about. And as an EMT/FF for 32 years......I hope they bust all of the drunk drivers. Washed to much innocent blood off of the HWY.

8. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

My bad. Didn’t realize this was posted in a state specific page. We got DUI checkpoints around here.

Louisiana and Mississippi troopers are doing joint patrols and checkpoints along I-10 in-between the two states. I suspect they will bag a lot.

9. road kill

road kill Senior Refuge Member

I dont need "Police on the Prowl" to understand you DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!

That's on me.

pointblind, Bclick and duckmann like this.
  10. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member