COVID-19

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by carolina girl, Jun 17, 2021.

1. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

2. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

The vaccine is a vaccine. The lies and bs leading up to it suggest that maybe it's not all that great.
    I'm a builder you hired to work on your house.
    How many times can I flat-out lie and bs you into "let's try this" and it's 14 months later. I'm still not done and keep finding little variant problems to fix. How long before I'm fired?
    Do you trust me? If so I have a little shot that will cure your house good.
    I never lied to you I just don't know what the hell I'm doing. Pay me because
    Science

WOODIE13 and Fogie like this.
  3. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

I can tell you from first hand experience, that Covid aint no fun. I'm 64 years old, packing a little extra weight, former smoker, no other conditions. I had it a year ago in March, just after it started. Started as a cold, scratchy throat, a little congestion, and a cough, then about 4 days into it I lost my sense of taste/smell and the symptoms got real bad, hacking cough, couldn't walk more that 15 feet without being out of breath, was on breathing treatments every two hours (nebulizer and spray) for three days. Had to sleep in a chair for weeks, because my lungs would fill up if I laid down. Wife had 911 dialed up twice (strangely enough my wife never got it). At that point I resisted going to the hospital, why walk into the petri dish! Took about 2-3 weeks to get to feeling better, but was still out of breath when doing simple chores, that took another month to clear. I took a covid antibody test, but couldn't get one until August, and by then it was negative, so the natural antibodies don't last that long. As soon as the vaccine was available I got it. What we do know is that even if a vaccinated person with pre-existing conditions gets Covid, they are very unlikely to need hospitalization, It's unclear if a vaccinated person can transmit Covid. That's the other thing, as long as the virus hangs around (people don't protect or vaccinate), the more likely it is to mutate into something that is worse (Delta variant, much more transmissable) or worse, something that is deadlier and doesn't respond to the current vaccine. Quit whining, protect your friends and family, get vaccinated so we can move on!

4. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

Excellent post, thank you. Glad you got over it.

drahthaarducker likes this.
  5. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Elite Refuge Member

I can’t wait to cough n mouth breathe my way through deal island 10 mins before legal n watch the guys that beat me to my spot run away.

6. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Actually most people I’ve talked to in the medical profession have told me that the media is blowing it completely out of proportion. A few have said it’s bad, but that’s been the vast minority in my experience.

I’m certainly not an anti-vaxxer.

7. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Can’t have an opinion based on research? Last I checked, this isn’t Cuba, it is a free country.

bird junkie likes this.
  8. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Throw this back at em.
    Today the media is screaming delta variant and how cases are rising. The trauma center has only 7 covid patients. At the peak it was over 80 beds. You can probably look up online the stats for each hospital. Check yours I bet they have less than 5 patients.

WOODIE13 likes this.
  9. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

Jeeze I wonder what the word "rising" means.

Half the country is vaccinated- You: "Look at how empty the hospitals are."

Can't make this **** up.

10. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

You certainly are.