COVID treatment

DrakeStar

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Good luck,keep an eye on oxygen levels,get rest,don't over do.

MDUXSRLO

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don’t have a PCP. This is the problem if you don’t got to the doc on a regular basis. When you actually want/need a doc you don’t know who to go to. I’ll be fine. Was just curious about others recent experience.
Try calling a walk in clinic or even Walgreens. They don’t really want to see you right now, but are willing to help.

tripper

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doctor prescribed Paxlovid for me and wife. Symptoms went away quickly.

Bclick

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
First time I had it was before the vaccine and before they had any idea on how to treat it except go home take ibuprofen till youre ready to die then come to the ER

Subsequent time used the protocol on this site after talking with a doctor listed there. Recovered quickly

bbfky

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just getting over it. Monitor you 02 sats take ibuprofen/ Tylenol for fever. if you are tired get some sleep, my wife slept all day long for days. I was never tired just ran fever and had a bad cough, I took mucinex For the cough and used a humidifier at night. I worked out on day 1 and 2 couldn’t on 3,4,5 and started back on day 6,7, 8 I started a zpack on day 4 because it’s has anti inflammatory properties and figured it couldn’t hurt. Still have a little cough by day 5 the fever broke and felt like a sinus infection with a bad cough.
Get well soon, lots of people I know are catching it. This was our first time.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mother-in-law and I got tested together, she 89 at the time and me 60....June of 2021. We both tested positive, we both had lost our taste and smell. They sent us home with nothing more than a "call if you need us".

Grandma was wiped out tired.....but her blood oxygen level never went below 97. I got dizzy a few times while I was fishing, but that was it. No coughs, no fevers, no nothing. Both of us got our taste and smell back within 5 days. This is the experience of the OVERWHELMING number of people who got Covid.

I don't know what your symptoms are now...whatever made you get tested...and I don't know your health history. So I can't say what should be done next.

I would say if you don't have a lot of symptoms, ride it out.....you'll likely be fine. At the first sign of trouble breathing I would see my primary doc. It's nothing to mess with if you have many symptoms and have any comorbidities at all.

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My worst symptom by far was back pain for days. But I had it back during one of the first strains. Not being able to smell or taste at all for months was weird. My wife’s sense of smell is likely permanently jacked up. She can smell now, though. She’s completely immune to Dutch ovens still.

Hope you come out the other side soon. It’s no fun, but neither is any sickness.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, go to the drug store and get a blood oxygen monitor. It's a clothespin like deal that goes on your finger and measures pulse and blood oxygen....20 bucks or so.

If your blood oxygen level drops into the 94-95 range head to the doc ( an abundance of caution) before it goes lower. If you stay 96-99.....meh....go hunting and enjoy the day.

I'll pray you just walk away from it.

Timber Hole

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Also, go to the drug store and get a blood oxygen monitor. It's a clothespin like deal that goes on your finger and measures pulse and blood oxygen....20 bucks or so.

If your blood oxygen level drops into the 94-95 range head to the doc ( an abundance of caution) before it goes lower. If you stay 96-99.....meh....go hunting and enjoy the day.

I'll pray you just walk away from it.

Thank you. So far, so good! I’ll be over this and heading to KS soon enough! Lol

I felt a little off starting yesterday evening and more so today. My son called this morning and he and his wife have it. I went ahead and took a test and it immediately came up positive. Hopefully won’t be a big deal. So far just cold symptoms and headache.

Our next door neighbor and close friend is a breast cancer survivor who endured multiple rounds of chemo during her treatment. She said her COVID last week was pretty rough and she has already proven she is much tougher than me! Fingers crossed!

Latest posts