COVID treatment

15thTN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Second the pulse ox recommendation. If you start coughing get to the doc asap! If the usual prescription cough syrups doesn't work, then get the Tessalon Perles asap!

The Tessalon Perles were the only thing that stopped my cough! I was coughing nonstop for 30mins straight, multiple times a day isn't good for you. Almost killed me. Twice!

Also get NAD supplement to help boost your immune system. Some doctors recommend Viral Load Stimulator, which is supposed to help your body process the viral cells, and the broken bits, and pieces of cells, that are left over after your body is fighting it.

Another doctor recommends taking antihistamines to help limit the histamine reaction ie. inflammation. Such as Allegra 2-3 times daily. Limiting inflammation is the key.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. So far, so good! I’ll be over this and heading to KS soon enough! Lol

I felt a little off starting yesterday evening and more so today. My son called this morning and he and his wife have it. I went ahead and took a test and it immediately came up positive. Hopefully won’t be a big deal. So far just cold symptoms and headache.

Our next door neighbor and close friend is a breast cancer survivor who endured multiple rounds of chemo during her treatment. She said her COVID last week was pretty rough and she has already proven she is much tougher than me! Fingers crossed!

Meh, you'll be fine.....99.7xx% live to fight another day. Just monitor your symptoms and don't fork around if you feel yourself getting worse

Kansas will always be there....just like the ducks that call it home. (along with the people of La, Mo, Ark, SC, Maryland, Ok, Neb, and Tx) :l :yes :tu

WoodieSC

North/South Carolina Flyway Forum
Reaction score
Doctor prescribed Paxlovid for me and wife. Symptoms went away quickly.
I’d do some serious research on recent results and side effects on this. I’ve read some contrary articles on it being much less of a successful treatment than broadcasted.

Empty Skies

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’d do some serious research on recent results and side effects on this. I’ve read some contrary articles on it being much less of a successful treatment than broadcasted.
For sure. my wife was prescribed this by her doc. & had immediate problems. Healthy but the paxlovid did not gell with her seizure medication.!0 days in the hospital & very tough times for 2 months. she has made a full recovery & doing very well.

DA

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Nasal + oral viricidal washes gargles
twice daily

tripper

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only side effect we had from it was that the sore throat, congestion and other symptoms we were experiencing went away in about 24-36 hrs. But like any medicine, some will experience no side effects and some will have serious side effects.
And some get over the COVID without any problems or any treatment, others struggle even with the best know treatments available. You go figure, it's a strange one.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only side effect we had from it was that the sore throat, congestion and other symptoms we were experiencing went away in about 24-36 hrs. But like any medicine, some will experience no side effects and some will have serious side effects.
And some get over the COVID without any problems or any treatment, others struggle even with the best know treatments available. You go figure, it's a strange one.

I agree that it's a strange one but, the reality is, overwhelmingly, you won't get very sick at all.

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My sister and her husband were prescribed provaxlid. Out on their boat the next day. Just saying

Timber Hole

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I agree that it's a strange one but, the reality is, overwhelmingly, you won't get very sick at all.

So far I just have cold symptoms. Hoping it passes in the next day or two. We did learn this morning that our DIL tested positive and she is caring for our 5 week old grandson. I’d be lying if I said that doesn’t scare me a bit even though it will likely be just fine.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far I just have cold symptoms. Hoping it passes in the next day or two. We did learn this morning that our DIL tested positive and she is caring for our 5 week old grandson. I’d be lying if I said that doesn’t scare me a bit even though it will likely be just fine.

Yeah, that would be a bit unnerving for me as well. What's his name?