Coyote Siting - Illinois

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by gock5, Nov 18, 2019.

1. gock5

gock5 Senior Refuge Member

Only in Illinois...

18884.jpeg

2. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

That is awesome!

Look on 'Nextdoor' if your neighborhood is included in that app. It seems about 50% of the posts are people letting the world now they saw a coyote, hawk or owl and to watch your 'fur babies'. One gal last week saw a wolf in suburban Denver. Uh-huh.

There is a group of loons on there that have noted that many of our yotes have mange and they are trying to rescue/care for them by throwing a blanket over them and transporting them to a vet for care. Can't wait until the first one of those dip$h1ts gets mange themselves.

3. huntaholic21

huntaholic21 Senior Refuge Member

I have that app, it’s hilarious.

4. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

We have a Facebook group for our rural neighborhood. Id agree on half the posts being about spotting coyotes. In our group half the posts are the fur baby posts. The other half are heads up posts to get ready for some potential shooting.

spaightlabs likes this.
  5. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

If you posted up you were getting ready to lay a couple dogs down here there'd be a rush on ambulances with all the folks having heart attacks over it.

JohnBZ likes this.
  6. take'm

take'm Elite Refuge Member

People here in the twin cities, freak when they see a yote,I always laugh and tell them for every coyote you see,there's 10 more you dont/won't see...

riverrat47 likes this.
  7. Hellbender

Hellbender Elite Refuge Member

Got one two days ago going to the swamp. Left front got him, left rear got him, left trailer tire got him. No shortage of them 'round he'ah.

8. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

Our group definitely has some heated "discussions" over it. Last year the wifes pocket dog almost got taken by a yote. I put an electric poultry fence around the back of the house to contain the dogs so they couldnt wander so far at night. A couple weeks afterwards I caught the pomeranian growling at the back door. I looked out the glass and saw a coyote under my apple trees eating rotten apples. I snuck around the house and let it have it with a goose load. I shoot them on sight. They seem to be getting more and more bold. Ive caught them on the patio 5 ft from the house with the flood lights on. The more of those removed from the gene pool the better.

WHUP ! Hen and OneShotBandit like this.
  9. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Damn, we have them around here, but they sure haven't gotten that bold. Just about any night you can walk outside and hear them howling, maybe they don't like our 70 lb BLM and they keep their distance.

10. bonasa

bonasa Refuge Member

Those calls RE: coyote in my backyard soak up more resources as they are always gone on arrival. Suggestion of, "There are trappers in the area that could assist", is greeted with the stinkeye. Although my nieces cat was absconded by a coyote and while grouse hunting this year my 66# english pointer was mauled by 2 of them, my attitude towards coyotes changed this year but so did the 2 that mauled him...