Crawfish boil

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I did some research on here and read alot. Being from Baltimore, we don’t boil much.

Someone suggesting adding mushrooms to the boil. Genius!

They were better than the crawfish.

Thanks

oleww

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Peanuts. Asparagus, corn, hotdogs…. Whatever. Trick to cooking all the additional junk is to cook it done without it soaking up too much seasoning.

Also, I don’t put sausage in with my crabs or crawfish. The sausage makes it greasy. On good days, I have two pots going. One for seafood, the other for veggies.

Thanks for the update. Anytime I see “boil” instead of “steam” I know you are living right.

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have had boiled crabs. Terrible

I used to steam shrimp til I was turned onto boiling them. Never steam again.

Crawfish are new to me. I followed the suggestions to a T and they were incredible.

Next time though, Ill leave the lemon out. I didn’t like it (I know, get a rope)

Nothing but steam, for crabs though

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have.

Try crab on the grill. Pop the tops, clean them and fill the carapace with butter and mince garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Top with Parmesan cheese when off the grill

Last edited:

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Peanuts. Asparagus, corn, hotdogs…. Whatever. Trick to cooking all the additional junk is to cook it done without it soaking up too much seasoning.

Also, I don’t put sausage in with my crabs or crawfish. The sausage makes it greasy. On good days, I have two pots going. One for seafood, the other for veggies.

Thanks for the update. Anytime I see “boil” instead of “steam” I know you are living right.
I did exactly that. I cooked them separate and added at the end.

tripper

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Reactions: tcc

OTL91

Refuge Member
Reaction score
The more citrus the better. We also add 1 or 2 bunches of chopped cilantro to the pot. Slice all lemons, limes, oranges instead of halving (increased surface area). In addition to butter add a bottle of Italian dressing (helps with flavor and ease of peeling). Ravioli is unreal out of a crawfish pot and we also put chunks of pineapple in.

Latest posts